Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Leonard 8 posts 38 karma points
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 22:22
    Richard Leonard

Installing v6 - stuck on 5%

I am trying to install a fresh version of v6 but I appear to be hitting some difficulties.  I have uploaded the files to my shared web hosting account (same hosting provider hosts my current v4 sites without issue), created a MySQL database and started the install process.

I enter my database details and go to the next page.  The progress gets to 5% "Connecting to database.." and hands there.  I have checked phppyadmin and I have 41 new tables in there so it is connecting and running the scripts.  Is there a log file that is created during the install process so I can check where its getting up to and potentially failing?

Thanks

• Steven Lemmens 30 posts 71 karma points
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 22:26
    Steven Lemmens

A colleague of mine recently had the same problem. He simply went back to the first step, and ran the install script again and then it succeeded. Does that work?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 22:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Seems there is some issues using MySQL with v6 - perhaps you can make any sense of what Drew writes in his posts about it here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/38153-Umbraco-Version-6-upgrade-stuck-at-5-Connecting-to-database

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Richard Leonard 8 posts 38 karma points
    Feb 11, 2013 @ 18:09
    Richard Leonard

I had to restart the application pool but going back in did progress me on, however I then hit the issue where is said the table did not exist but that was the upper case table naming issue.  Got there in the end with your help, thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft