Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Resonance 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 15:49
    Resonance

Umbraco compatible hosting providers?

I've been messing around with Umbraco at home on localhost but now I'd like to do something online. Can anyone recommend a hosting provider that is compatible with Umbraco please? I'm not looking to use a dedicated server as this would be more of a 'hobby' site so I can practice my skills. Ideally nothing too expensive just something so that I can try out my skills online.

Thanks in advance.

• Ricky Beard 61 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 23:15
    Ricky Beard

Whichever you choose, make sure that they run .NET at full trust. Umbraco will not work under medium trust, which is used in most shared hosting environments. GoDaddy will work, but only with dedicated or virtual dedicated plans, which defeats your purpose (cost).

I and others here have used www.softsyshosting.com with great success.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 23:54
    skiltz

Another vote for softsyshosting.  I have many Umbraco sites running sucessfully with these guys.

• Resonance 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 13:07
    Resonance

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll check softsyshosting out now.

• Søren Spelling Lund 13 posts 13 karma points
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 14:58
    Søren Spelling Lund

YourHost.dk will do the trick for you.

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 07:57
    Roel Snetselaar

I have a virtual private server hosting plan with full administrator access. So that obviously works :) But for shared hosting it's a bit more difficult sometimes. Most important thing is already mentioned by Ricky "run .NET at full trust"

Maybe this is something we can put on the wiki, a list of hosting provideres and shared hosting packages which support Umbraco?

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 09:34
    SiKo279

I can confirm that both reliablesite.net and webhost4life.com run umbraco v4 flawlessly on their shared hosts.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft