Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 20:41
    kylepauljohnson

Umbraco Dir working, Content is not

Just did a fresh install of Umbraco 6 into a subfolder of another .net site and configured it as it's own application.  Things are working for the most part, I am able to get to the Umbraco directory and create/modify/delete content etc.  When I try to preview or go to the contents URL however I get the following error.  

I suspect some sort of routing issue perhaps?  Thoughts?

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://www.mytestingsite.com/Site/test-basic-page/'.

This page can be replaced with a custom 404. Check the documentation for "custom 404".

This page is intentionally left ugly ;-)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kyle

What happens if you remove the /Site/ part from the URL? Does it result in the same?

Have you added a hostname for your site?

/Jan

Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:30
    kylepauljohnson

Thanks for the response.

If I remove the "/site/" portion I get either a page not found from my root application (not umbraco's page not found), or the homepage of my root application obviously depending on which url I point at.

I also added the hostname to the root node in the content tree, then republished the entire site with no effect.

Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kyle

Not 100% certain I understand the setup you have but perhaps you should add the directory as a reserved path in the web.config of your root application?

/Jan

Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:38
    kylepauljohnson

For clarity, I have a custom application that resides in the root of:

www.myapp.com/

Umbraco is installed as an Application in IIS and resides in a Subdirectory of the root app in a folder called "/site".

I can add something to the root Web config although I am not entirely sure what you mean.  The root app is not Umbraco.

Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kyle

Aaah, I read it wrong then - though it was another Umbraco installation (Was a bit puzzled about it)...then I'm unfortunately not sure what to do. Hopefully someone of the other bright minds in here have an idea.

/Jan

Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:56
    kylepauljohnson

Thanks for trying.  :-)

Feb 12, 2013 @ 23:46
    kylepauljohnson

Adding a few new tidbits.

Media seems to work as expected as well.  Uploaded a zip file, and navigated to it's url and it downloaded as expected.  So it seems like content is the only issue.

Feb 13, 2013 @ 00:40
    kylepauljohnson

I created a new site in IIS and pointed it at the /site folder.  When access from this site all works ok, but still issues with the original.  Again I assume web.config as well as global.asax config are being inherited and stomped?

• Kyle Weems 42 posts 296 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 29, 2013 @ 22:35
    Kyle Weems

I'm having this same issue. The admin, media folders and such still work, but the content, when accessed from /site, gives me a 404. I suppose a question to ask is: I Umbraco 6 capable of being installed in a subdirectory and working as desired? Or is there going to be the need for some sort of heavy customization to even do this?

Mar 29, 2013 @ 22:37
    kylepauljohnson

Funny, on a side note I know of you through Scott Phelps.  But yes, I have the same issue, so that is my assumption is that Umbraco 6 is not capable of being installed as a sub-application.

• Kyle Weems 42 posts 296 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 29, 2013 @ 22:38
    Kyle Weems

Small world!

That is a shame. I know that older versions of Umbraco had that problem. I was hoping 6 would act differently.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft