Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 16:33
    Anthony Candaele

the service is unavailable

Hi,

Just deployed my Umbraco 4.11.4 website on the production server. But for some reason, yet unknown to me, I get a blank page with the message:

"The service is unavailable".

Anyone familiar with this problem?

greetings,

Anthony

Feb 14, 2013 @ 16:49
    Anthony Candaele

I can access the Backoffice, but when I click on a node in the Content Tree, I get an YSOD with the error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The odd thing is that I copied the webfolder and database from the testserver where it's working without a problem

thanks for your help,

Anthony

• ID 27 posts 128 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 23:14
    ID

I had the same "empty" page with "The service is unavailable", but in my case I this when i did not already configured the site yet. Locally i got the "Let's install" page but remotely i got a empty page only with "The service is unavailable" (not the default iis 503!) .. the logging on the server did mention 503 which was triggered somewhere in umbraco. After installing the website all went welll again... But it could might as well triggered by some permission changes i made.

I'm a newbe but expect some permission issue... Maybe check one of the following permissions:

• DB permissions --> read/write/dbo?
    • File permissions --> check the root folder of the site if it contains the " IIS_IUSRS" for full controll permissions

EDIT: other possibility is that the "the service is unavailable" is just a general error when not specifically caught by an exception handler.

Feb 20, 2013 @ 07:31
    Anthony Candaele

Hi ID,

Thanks for your advice. I solved the issue by copying the web folder and database from my development machine and installing that on the production server. My guess is that it might had something to do with the Client Dependency Framework. I tried to implement the CDF on the test server, but this didn't render the stylesheets well. So I removed the CDF implementations. After that I copied the verson on the test server to the production server. So maybe the previous implemenatation of CDF was causing the 'service is unavailable issue'.

Anyways, when I copied the version on my development machine, where I didn't implement CDF, to the production server, the installation went well.

greetings,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft