Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• PierreD Savard 183 posts 290 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 02:33
    PierreD Savard

deploy V6 for the first time

Hi expert,

I try to deploy my first umbraco V6 site to my production server. Like some forum post tell courrier not working very well with Umbraco V6, i try to do it manually.

I install brand new source into my production server. Then copy these folders:

- css
    - images
    - my projet.dll
    - scripts
    - all ascx in usercontrol
    - xslt- master page
    - web.config

Then I restore my DB on the production Sql server. change the web.config connection string. then try the site. I got some missing DLL for ucomponent and copy them from my bin developpement directory to the bin directory of theproduction server. re-try the site...

Now I got Error parsing XSLT file. When I check the debug info i got:

Could not load type 'System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.Schema.DatabaseGeneratedOption' from assembly 'System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

I double check in my production bin dir and i found the system.componentModel.DataAnnotations.dll. I got the same missing dll if i try to load the /umbrago backend section. Why the DLL is not included in the .net 4 client install and why umbraco do not take the one in the bin directory?

Any suggestion? Thanks.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 18:01
    Jeroen Breuer

Just to be sure it might be better to copy over your complete website instead of only parts of it. Perhaps you missed some files somewhere.

Jeroen

• PierreD Savard 183 posts 290 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 19:23
    PierreD Savard

Thanks for reply,

I juste found that i miss the .net 4.5 client on the webserver.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft