Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:37
    Terry Clancy

How can I install Umbraco 6 **WITHOUT** Web PI

I do not want to use Web PI because that is what I did last time and it obscures exactly what is required so when you have a problem or need to shift the installation to another server you have no idea what WebPI actually did.I woud like to install Umbraco Manually so I understand exactly what is required and how to install it on IIS.I am installing Umbraco onto a Windows Server 2012 with IIS 8.Is there documentation somewhere detailing exactly how to do this please ?Terry

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:46
    Damian Green

Go to umbraco.codeplex.com

Download version 6

Set the file permissions (there is apost about that somewhere)

Add the website to IIS.

You can also run as IISExpress on your local dev machine.

For prototyping the best thing is to fire up umbraco with a SQL CE database. There is a package to convert this to full SQL at a alater date.  If you want you can head straight for a full SQL database by creating a db and then setting this in the connection string when you start up umbraco.

Does this help?

Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:47
    Damian Green

Here is the article for permissions. You will need to add in new commands for the new folders for MVC - Views etc...

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

Feb 19, 2013 @ 12:49
    Damian Green

This is also a really handy utility for IISExpress.  It lets you right click on the umbraco site folder and select start iisexpress site (if you have iisexpress installed).

http://chrismcleod.me/2011/01/14/iis-express-website-here-shell-extension/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft