Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Feodor Fitsner 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 18:24
    Feodor Fitsner

Working on deployment solution for ASP.NET apps - need your advice

Hi guys,

I'm working on Appveyor - deployment automation solution for ASP.NET apps. It is very cool for deploying CMS websites as it has a built-in support for migrating SQL databases, especially big ones. It can deploy to your own servers, Azure or AWS.

I even created a complete guide for deploying DotNetNuke websites and think it could be easily adopted for Umbraco!

It would be great if you take a look and let me know what you think. Is it something that Umbraco developers could be interested in?

I have a question though - would you be interested in integration with source control (Git, Mercurial), so Appveyor detects changes when you push, compiles the project (if required) and deploys website to your server? It could be kind of hosted continuous integration for your .NET projects!

Thank you!

-Feodor

• Niels Henriksen 15 posts 35 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 19:21
    Niels Henriksen

I would love a deployment feature using Git(hub). I know that Microsoft Azure can use github and i was using that on a project. I have many times been thinking of making the feature by myself becuase I many time are on a customers server to deploy websites.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft