Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Skov Nielsen 22 posts 47 karma points
    Feb 22, 2013 @ 20:29
    Martin Skov Nielsen

MSSQL Error on content dashboard - with MySQL database?

When I try to upgrade from ver. 4.11.4 to ver. 6. My content dashboard wont load.

The error message is something like:

Additional information: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Which as far as I know is related to MSSQL? Does ver. 6 have issues being installed on a MySQL database?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 22, 2013 @ 21:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

Does the frontend of the website display? Or do you see the same error? I've seen this error message when trying to access my local environment when being on a VPN for instance.

/Jan

Feb 22, 2013 @ 22:14
    Martin Skov Nielsen

Hmm... I don't really know... cause I just tried to test it and the DB upgrade crashed:

The database configuration failed with the following message: Unknown column 'masterContentType' in 'field list' Please check log file for addtional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

Both website and DB server is on localhost

Feb 22, 2013 @ 23:02
    Jan Skovgaard

...Hmm and you're not connected to any kind of VPN?

Feb 22, 2013 @ 23:32
    Martin Skov Nielsen

No I'm not  connected to a vpn. but when a saw the first error it was on a virtual machine. But nothing at this point

Feb 22, 2013 @ 23:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Have you tried rebooting afterwards? Sometimes I've had to do that after disconnecting from a VPN connection in order to access anything local again.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 23, 2013 @ 19:33
    Martin Skov Nielsen

Hi Jan

Thanks for You suggestions... I have kinda of rebooted - I switched machine...

I'll post the answer here - if I ever find it :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft