Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon 8 posts 28 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 09:18
    Gordon

Install Umbraco 6 - stuck at 5% - JSON error

I am trying to run a fresh install of Umbraco 6 which I have downloaded from Codeplex

I get stuck at 5% when creating the database. I have tried both SQL CE and SQL Express

When I run the install default aspx in Visual Studio, a debug message is displayed

The message is at line 177 which is below. The error is that the variable JSON is not defined

var json = JSON.parse(data.d);

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance

Gordon

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 10:56
    Rich Green

Hi Gordon,

Have you tried installing via http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx

It's very straight forward, so I recommend it.

Rich

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 11:39
    Hundebol

Only problem is; it's not umbraco 6.0 you'll find on the Web Platform Installer. It's 4.11

Then you could install it by entering the Web PI feed: http://umbraco.org/data/rss/UmbracoWebPIFeed.xml

But! It does not seem to work in the new Web Platform Installer version 4.5 (som MVC3App error - so maybe some install missing at my pc)

best regards

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 11:45
    Fergus Davidson

i have had this a couple of times with previous versions. you could try manually vreating the database and adding the details to the web.config.

the install/setup should, then, work.

fergus

Feb 25, 2013 @ 23:41
    Gordon

Thanks Rich, for the suggestion. I have been using 4.11 but have not done much with it, just been learning, and now that I am ready to move on and work with it, I thought I would try to start with version 6.

I did also try Fergus' suggestion which did not appear to work either but I could try that again as I may have done something wrong. If I create a blank database, and then run the installation, does anyone know if the setup program would then add the correct tables etc?

Thanks again for your replies

Feb 26, 2013 @ 00:33
    Gordon

Just found the problem....I found another blog post that had a JSON error and the problem was related to Internet Explorer 9. I changed the default browser to Chrome and everything worked fine!!!

I should have remembered as I have been caught out once before with an Umbraco error that only occurred in IE9

Thanks again for your help

Best regards

Gordon Walker

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft