Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sander Houttekier 114 posts 163 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 13:45
    Sander Houttekier

upgrade umbraco 4.10.1 > 4.11.4 issues, request 4.11.0 download

hey,

tl,dr: does anyone have the downloads for umbraco 4.11.0 - 4.11.1 - 4.11.2 - 4.11.3... thanks.

we're upgrading a site (comming from 4.5.2) towards 4.11.4 latest stable 4.x version.

we encountered few (all fixable) problems until 4.10.1 but after throwing 4.11.4 over it, suddenly the front-end and backend are significantly damaged.

front-end throws a 'service is unavailable' 503 error

and the backend seems to load fine, but opening any 'published' node fails somewhere in the NiceUrlProvider because it's getting a node from the publishedContentStore in which the XmlDocument is null.

var node = _publishedContentStore.GetDocumentById(_umbracoContext, nodeId);

anyway, these problems are all superficial (at least i believe so)

the problem behind it, is that this site's web.config has been modded heavily since 4.5.2 in order run MVC elements within the site.
    this has worked well back then, and with any version inbetween this upgrade path.
    but i fear that the added mvc support in umbraco itself might be conflicting with some of the mods that were done back then.

my MVC knowledge is limited, so before diving into the web.config and going on a trial and error deleting spree I would like to know if anyone has the downloads for umbraco 4.11.0 and all minor releases inbetween.
    As codeplex only serves 4.11.4.

using those updates I would be able to narrow down the amount of chancesets that we need to look at in order to pinpoint he exact conflict. and hopefully find a way to adjust our config to fix the culprit.

I owe a beer on CG13 to the one who gets me those files :P

best regards

Sander

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 16:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sander

In regards to the web.config changes the biggest changes (and if I do remember correctly only ones made since 4.10) have been described in this document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R1cYt3a5gJLdhU5wvUsP-7KPaHbCO-gnzm07FRNk51c/edit, which is a part of the download page for v4.10 on codeplex but it CAN be hard to find...

So as I understand your need it should not be neccesary to go through the minor releases of v.4.11 - However I will post a link to Lee Kellehers stash when I get home - can't remember the link but know I have it bookmarked at home somewhere :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Sander Houttekier 114 posts 163 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 17:19
    Sander Houttekier

Jan, 

I'm sorry i should have updated the thread here, I didn't fix the problem itself yet, but I found a way to get the 4.11.0 release (went back into the codeplex history and downloaded and compiled the source)

i can say that the problem is already present in 4.11.0, so no need to do other minor upgrades just yet.

now i'm going over all changesets between 4.10.1 and 4.11.0 to see if any of them might cause our issues.
    however I did not build this site, and have not implemented the MVC mods so i'm basically just looking for a needle in a haystack. :)

i will keep this post open and update it with what we find, however i doubt others will run into the problems we have.

about the web.config, i've been comparing the web.config files, and there were not many changes since 4.10.1 
    however the what I believe is happening, is 1 of the custom web.config mods done by the previous developers in order to make MVC work in 4.5.2
    are not blocking features added by umbraco HQ between 4.10.1 and 4.11.0, so it's not that i'm missing something in the web.config
    but it might be that i have too mutch, or just need adjustments. 

after looking at the changesets i might also attempt to start with the clean 4.11.0 web.config. and systematically add our custom mods.
    see if we can narrow it down that way. 

thanks for the input anyway,
    Sander 

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 21:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I don't think it'll do you much good, but here's the versions in between: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3006713/UmbracoVersions.zip 

I can MUCH recommend BeyondCompare and their feature to compare two zip files, just take the 4.10.1 zip file and the 4.11.4 zip file and see the file differences. This allows you to figure out the exact web.config changes as well. Although if you're interested in the MVC changes, you'd have to start with 4.9.1 and compare it to 4.11.4, that way you get all of the MVC / new umbraco pipeline changes.

From the other side, just comparing the web.config of a regular Umbraco version, versus your web.config with the MVC references might give you a lot of insight as well.

Good luck... :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft