Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 16:13
    jonok

URL rewriting on shared reseller hosting with PLESK

I've been running Umbraco on a shared reseller hosting plan (via PLESK), but now I'm trying to implement friendly/clean URL's and url rewriting and I've been told by my hosting company that there is a compatibility issue with IIS url rewriting and PLESK on shared hosting. I'm now contemplating moving to a VPS but that means I'm going to be configuring everything on the server myself, and then copying over my existing clients sites & emails which is quite daunting. Has anybody had a similar issue with a shared hosting provider and URL rewriting?

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2009 @ 13:08
    Peter Gregory

I havent had this issue.  My personal website is hosted on shared space and has Plesk as the management tool.  I have my site running with extensionless URLS and have a number of rewrite rules set in the UrlRewriting.config and its all running fine.  My host is running IIS 7 I dont know if this is an issue on older IIS 6 hosting with Plesk?

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Sep 03, 2009 @ 13:41
    jonok

Peter - I'm pretty sure my hosting company is using IIS 6. I'm going to upgrade my hosting to a VPS I think. It'll be better for my freelance work in the long run too, once I get it initially set up.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft