Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Sørensen 304 posts 650 karma points
    Mar 02, 2013 @ 08:37
    Paul Sørensen

Value cannot be null, Parameter name: attribute

Hi

I keep getting this error when I publish a page. I just upgraded to 6.0.1 form 6.0.0 and had hoped that it would solve my problem, but now I think it has to do with my data.

[ArgumentNullException Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name attribute]
       System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute.op_Explicit(XAttribute attribute) +165046
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type) +190
       Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +93
       umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +936
       umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Document doc) +134
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +315
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +187
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +165
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean in

Any ideas?

/Paul S

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2013 @ 12:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Was your 6.0 installation a clean install? Or was it upgraded from v4.x?

/Jan

Mar 02, 2013 @ 16:15
    Paul Sørensen

Hi

It was an upgrade from 4,11,4 - my problems started in 4.11.3 - when I ´look at the data I can't see that it's much different from a clean 6.0 installation

In 6.0 I had this problem with instant re-publish and a growing log ffile - 240 mb per day.

/Paul S

Mar 02, 2013 @ 17:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

When you did the upgrade to 4.11.4 did you then run the path fixup script? You can read about the recommended upgrading approach here http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/2/1/umbraco-4114-released.aspx

Not sure how to deal with it when you're already on 6 though...

/Jan

Mar 04, 2013 @ 17:01
    Paul Sørensen

Hi Jan 

I upgraded about a month ago and have been strugling with it ever since. I have giving up and I'm now reinstalling the site in 6.0.2. I like the database design of 6.0 and the release appears to be good in a new install.

I just concluded that my data was sick and I couldn't fix it - had all the problems with continous publishing and the log file grew to 250 mb per day.

Thanks again for all your assistence - really appreciate it.

/Paul S

Mar 04, 2013 @ 17:53
    Paul Sørensen

Hi again

As I open my site today to start developing again my script failed again. It now turned out that that I had a Descendant().Where - it was supposed to be Descendant.Where.and now it works again.

But it worked yesterday - I just upgraded to 6.0.2 - is there some sort of caching here that's teasing - can I switch it of when developing?

/paul S

Mar 04, 2013 @ 22:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Yes that seems like the best way to go about fixing the issue.

Hope all is running smoothly now - can't wait to get a chance to play with 6.0.2 myself :)

Hmm, not sure about the caching stuff though...I think I'll have to answer "there might be"...Could seem like it from your description above.

Let us know if you experience something like this again.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft