Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Brown 125 posts 290 karma points
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 17:56
    Steve Brown

problem creating content with new 6.02 install

I'm brand new to umbraco. I looked all over for info about a situation like mine and am unable to find anything. I'm sure it's something simple

I have a brand new install of 6.02 on my local machine. I chose the "business" template to get up and running. I'm having trouble creating new content. I'm able to create new blog posts, for example, but I'm unable to create other kinds of new content. i.e. I want to create news articles, but the document type is empty, and the "create" button is greyed out.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 21:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Steve and welcome to our and the world of Umbraco :)

It's unfortunate you've had a bad experience installing the business kit and then not being able to create articles etc.

Must admit that it's been a while since I've installed any of the starter kits myself but I suspect there might be some bugs with them.

I will recommend that you try out the Standard Wesbite package by Chris Koiak instead - You can get it here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/standard-website-mvc and install it from developer -> Packages -> install local package.

Hope this helps!

/Jan

Mar 07, 2013 @ 19:15
    Steve Brown

Thank you for the suggestion, this seems much more functional and a better starting point for an umbraco beginner like myself. They should just use that as the default template!

Mar 07, 2013 @ 21:40
    Steve Brown

Does anyone have any experience with uBootstrap? I was looking at some of the other starter kits in the repository and noticed that one in particular because it uses the responsive bootstrap framework. I installed it and had to modify a few of the scripting files, but it seems to run ok with 6.02. I'm not sure if I should try that or just stick with the Standard Website MVC kit for starting out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft