Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Sørensen 304 posts 650 karma points
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 10:08
    Paul Sørensen

No styling on Windows 7

Hi

I have installed a local version og my production site on a Windows 7 following this excellent guide 

http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

but my page pops up without any styling. IIS_USRS has full control over the home folder and the App pool is v4.0 Integrated mode.

btw - it's the new 6.0.2 which seems to run excellent on my production site.

Any ideas

(Paul S

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 13:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

This can be caused by a few things.

Usually it can be enought to simply clear the ClientDependency cache stuff from the App_Data/TEMP folder.

If that does not help then try to increment the version attribute in the /config/ClientDependency.config file...

Now...if that does not help can you then tell us if you're using some mime-types locally that the server knows that the production server does not know? This can also be the cause.

Hope some of the above pointers help.

/Jan

Mar 09, 2013 @ 17:13
    Paul Sørensen

Hi

I already tried all of this without luck - not sure where to check the mime types

/Paul S

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 18:34
    gary

Hi Paul

Assuming you are talking reference your site page rather than the Umbraco backend - 

Check the routes of your css files . if you are using ~/css/xxx.css it should be ok, however a /css or an absolute call ie http will probably not be correct on the local server.

G

• Gerard 20 posts 77 karma points
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 22:26
    Gerard

Paul,

If your problems occure in the backend of Umbraco, make sure that the "apppool-user" running Umbraco is a member of IIS_IUSRS. In most cases when you have created a new website in IIS, there will be a new apppool with the same name. So, if you named your site "mysite", the user will be "IIS AppPool\mysite".
    Or try this:

• Install Process Explorer on the machine running your Umbraco.
    • Rightclick on the columns and add "User name".
    • Find your Umbraco process, looking for "w3wp.exe" (under svchost).
    • Check username.

Give this user the necessary rights to the umbraco-folder, adding it manually using "IIS AppPool\xxxx", where xxxx is the name of your apppool-user.
    I always manually add the apppool-user to the folder, and this always works for me.

Mar 24, 2013 @ 00:08
    Paul Sørensen

Hi

The permission of the root folder of the site was insufficient - it works fine now

/Paul S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft