Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 02:54
    Greg Berlin

Upgrade 4.11.3 > 6: Stuck at Installer

First of all, i must say this has been a painful upgrade experience.  First I had issues with ClientDependency (solved by copying the DLLs from a v6 site).  Next the installer loaded with all content by no styles (fixed by copying the umbraco_client folder over again).

Now, the installer is loading with styles, but no content.  WTF??  It shows the header, and the tabs for the steps (with Welcome selected), but nothing in the main body area.  Looking at it in FireBug, it appears like this:

<section class="content">

</section>

So it's clearly empty.  Why would this happen now, yet previously before replacing the umbraco_client folder it loaded the content fine (just no css)??

If i understand correctly, all the installer does is upgrade the version number in the web.config, and runs some DB upgrade scripts.  Can i do this manually?  Where can i get hold of them?

Any other suggestions how i can finish off this stupid upgrade??  It's been incredibly frustrating and a big waste of time.  It's a simple site, no custom code or anything like that.  Why so difficult.

Oh, It's on SQL Server 2008 R2 by the way.. first site I've had to work on R2 with.. related perhaps??

Thanks in advance..

Greg

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Mar 10, 2013 @ 03:48
    Greg Berlin

I got it!  Seems some of the .ascx files got corrupted when i copied them across.  Weird because i copied them a few times.  But when i copied them one at a time they were fine.  Very strange, but fixed :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft