Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joe Niemann 11 posts 32 karma points
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 15:04
    Joe Niemann

Umbraco richtext editor not displaying

I had my hosting company install umbraco v 4.11.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.4760.34993) and notice a problem right away. In Chrome and Firefox I am unable to see the richtext editor.  However, they say they see the rich-text editor fine it Chrome and Firefox. The document type has the alias with the 'rich text editor' as it's type, but I can only see it in IE. I did notice with IE that when I go to the HTML view of the rich text editor there are some broken links though. The cancel and update buttons that {#update} and {#cancel} in them.

I am using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.152 m, Firefox v 18.0.2 and IE Version 9.0.8112.16421. Below are the screen shots.

Chrome and Firefox

IE Screenshot and HTML view

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 19:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Joe

Can you access the installation using FTP for instance?

I think I would try to overwrite the umbraco_client folder to make sure that all the files are in fact present on the server.

Sometimes this can also be caused by permission issues but I doubt that since it actually displays correctly in one of the browsers.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 02, 2013 @ 18:58
    Joe Niemann

No such luck Jan, but thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2013 @ 11:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Joe

Sorry for my late reply - Things have been a bit busy in my end.

Have you found a solution to this issue? If not I think you should talk to your hosting provider asking them to verify that permissions have indeed been set properly on your umbraco installation.

/Jan

• Andrew 47 posts 105 karma points
    Jun 21, 2013 @ 21:09
    Andrew

am curious if this ever got solved. Had a similiar problem with a previous install and bugged the crap out of me.

Jun 21, 2013 @ 21:35
    Joe Niemann

No, I haven't been able to resolve it. I have had to work around it by using 2 browsers.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft