Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AntonioMX 58 posts 57 karma points
    Sep 03, 2009 @ 18:56
    AntonioMX

Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.2.1 problem

I just tried to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.2.1. I have two 4.0 installations pointing to the same DB, I tried to patch upgrade the second one as it was stated in the upgrade guide that it didnt have DB changes. I copied the umbraco, umbraco_client, bin and install folders.

There is a release note pointing that

To fix the encoding bug in 4.0.1 we've changed the default value of 'TidyCharEncoding' in the '/config/umbracoSettings.config' file from 'RAW' to 'UTF8'. Make sure to add this change if you don't overwrite the config files.

But the umbracoSettings.config file didnt even have a TidyCharEncoding element, I checked the rest of the file and it was the same as 4.0.2.1 so I just added it.

Everything went smoothly until I tried to go to the admin panel. First error was a 404, then after restarting IE8 I was able to log in but now the child nodes  are nowhere to be found! Then I tried the other installation, I could enter properly to /umbraco but then the same error was present! So now I have a 4.0 and 4.0.2.1 installations that have the same problem. Please help, we are about to deploy!

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Sep 03, 2009 @ 19:21
    Peter Dijksterhuis

I'm not sure which umbracoSettings.config file you checked, but that value should be there (it is present in my copies of all v4's)

Back to your problem. Please goto the data-folder. There's a _systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete-folder there. Delete all files in that folder and then run umbraco/reindex.aspx

That should rebuild the files in mentioned folders.

Try that and see if it makes any difference.

HTH,

Peter

Sep 03, 2009 @ 21:34
    AntonioMX

Thanks Peter, I just did the reindexing, but the nodes aren't showing up. I just copied back the 4.0 files in the 4.0.2.1 installation, and the 4.0 upgrade wizard appeared. I shut it down, changed the database to a local I have on my computer and fired up the site again and it again showed the upgrade wizard. I completed it and everything went ok. I started the admin panel and again no nodes!

Sep 09, 2009 @ 15:15
    AntonioMX

Just to bring some kind of closure to this topic, I semi-restored a backup. I just updated all the templates, css files, images, scripts and it kinda worked. But now I have an non-updatable 4.0 installation. Any suggestions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft