Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Lewis 29 posts 94 karma points
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 17:22
    Robert Lewis

umbraco on heart internet hosting

I have a customer who uses heart internet for hosting. I have developed a new umbraco site for them but cannot get it to run on their hosting. It works fine on my hosting. I was wondering if anyone has setup an umbraco site on heart internet hosting?

Thanks

Rob

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 17:31
    Dan

Hi Rob,

Is it a VPS or shared server?  Although I don't use Heart for hosting at the moment I was under the impression their shared servers were all Linux-based.

Mar 18, 2013 @ 18:37
    Robert Lewis

Hi Dan,

Not sure what server it is. I just submitted a ticket with heart internet and they responded with below....

Thanks for your response.

I've not come across Umbraco before, I have quickly googled the requirements for you, and the listed requirements do look like this should be supported on our Windows servers for you. The requirements I found were:

IIS 7+
    SQL Server 2008 (Express Edition works fine), SQL CE, MySQL (or a 3rd party T-SQL compatible database with a custom Umbraco provider)
    ASP.NET 4, MVC 3
    Medium-Trust/Full-Trust (Should work in Medium-Trust environments, but Full-Trust is still preferred)
    Ability to set file permissions to include create/read/write (or better) for the user that "owns" the Application Pool for your site (NETWORK SERVICE, typically) 

If you have any further questions at all, please feel free to ask.

Mar 18, 2013 @ 18:42
    Dan

What's actually happening when it's not working?  Is it throwing an error?  It could be so many things, so good to try to narrow it down if possible.

Mar 18, 2013 @ 18:47
    Robert Lewis

Its an Internal Server Error 500. CustomErrors is set to "Off" though

Mar 18, 2013 @ 19:05
    Dan

A wild stab would be permissions, but like I say it could be many things.  If you enable CustomErrors that should give us more to go on.  If it is permissions related then the Wiki article on  how to set permissions is here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions.  You might need to contact Heart support if you can't administer permissions yourself, but it's usually one of the first causes of the error 500 on a freshly installed or newly migrated site.

Let us know if you've checked permissions and can get anything more in terms of error messages.

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:28
    gary

Hi Dan, Robert

Had a 500 internal error even after setting all permissions, as per other working sites.

Copied webConfig from development site and pasted over config on server and it fired up straight away. May have worked just to touch the config, but didn't try that first so I guess I will never know.

Hope it helps G

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft