Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 268 posts 753 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 13:40
    David Zweben

Currrent state of Medium Trust support in Umbraco v6?

I'm looking into getting a server to host an Umbraco-based website. I know one of the things I have to determine is whether or not I need the host to have support for full trust. All of the threads I can find here on the subject are a couple years old, though, and I know a lot of things have changed since then. Could someone give me a better idea of the current state of medium trust support in the Umbraco CMS and its ecosystem of projects? If anyone could tell me roughly what percentage of the popular packages support medium trust, that would be particularly helpful.

Thanks,
    David

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

As far as I'm informed medium trust is still supported in v6 you just need to set it up in the web.config to make it work.

Don't know about the various packages though. I'm not sure anyone really has an overview about it. So perhaps that part is going to be a bit of trial and error.

But why do you consider using a host with medium trust instead of full trust?

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• David Zweben 268 posts 753 karma points
    Mar 20, 2013 @ 13:11
    David Zweben

Hi Jan,

I wanted to see if Medium-Trust-only hosts were worth considering in my search for a hosting provider. I was able to find some good options that offer Full Trust, though, so it looks like it won't be an issue.

Thanks for your help,
    David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft