Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Hunt 13 posts 35 karma points
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 16:08
    Matthew Hunt

Umbraco 6.0.2 hosted on 1and1

II'm trying to get Umbraco working on a 1and1 account that I have, but am getting errors to do with javascript:

"TypeError: Umbraco.Application.Actions is not a constructor" 

This happens in one of the files that comes from the DependencyHandler.axd

I ran through the install process with no problems, then I logged into the back end and I just get the top bar with create, search box, about help and logoff and a progress bar in the centre of the screen.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before and if it's something to do with 1and1's hosting

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 22:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

I don't know the host but have you checked and make sure they support Umbraco? Is there any chance that they only support medium trust perhaps? And how can you administrate your hosting? Is it via plesk or something like that? Do you know if permissions have been set properly for network servie and iusr accounts etc?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• William Mendoza 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 19:51
    William Mendoza

If your 1and1 website is not at the root folder then follow this steps:

1. Go to 1and1 Control panel > Access > WebFiles > Launch
    2. File > Application Settings
    3. Make Sure your folder is set up as an application, If Not Click on Folder And press ADD
    4. Go to WeMatrix and Publish your website to the Folder you added as an application
    5. While is Publishing go to 1and1 Control Panel > Web Space > MS SQL Administration > New Database
    6. Make sure you remember the password
    7. While 1and1 is building the database
    8. Go to your local SQL Database right Click, Task > Backup
    9. Copy your .BAK file to your 1and1 FTL root folder called "_db_import"
    10. go to 1and1 Control Panel > Web Space > MS SQL Administration (If ypur Database is set up Continue, otherwise wait)
    11. Press the Import Button - Select your 1and1 Database and the file uploaded and Press Import Once
    12. Import Progress will have a new row, Leave this page by pressing START Button
    13. Check to see if site is publish (if Published Continue)
    14. Go to your FTP Site folder and copy your Web.Config file to your computer and replace all the database configuration with the information in: 1and1 Control Panel > Web Space > MS SQL Administration
    15. Re upload your Web.Config file and run your website, if you still have errors like HTTP:Handler, etc.. modify those on your web.config or remove them temporarily for test as they come up.. 
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft