Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lance lyons 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 00:28
    lance lyons

Umbraco can only be installed as Default Web Site

I did a quick search to see if it was possible to have umbraco cms coexist with other websites so I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.  I could not find it.    I have heard that umbraco must be installed as the default website.

Can umbraco coexist with other websites?   (we have several websites at our company that we develop and place in production environments).  We are using windows 2003 server and IIS 6.0.  

Is there any special tricks to make this happen?

If Umbraco cant coexist currently, is there some truth that it will be able to install to non default websites soon?   Any idea on how soon?

Thanks  Lance

• Tim 225 posts 690 karma points
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 01:13
    Tim

Hi Lance,

Umbraco only needs to run as a separate website. It does not need to be default.

The only limitation is that Umbraco cannot run in a virtual directory (which I think will be fixed in a future release)

So it will happily so-exist with other websites, as long as they are all separate in IIS.

Tim

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 01:13
    Paul Blair

I think the information you are referrring to is saying that Umbraco cannot run in a virtual directory i.e. it has to be placed in the root of the site. I belive this is still the case with the latest version.

But you can set up multiple websites to run under IIS and Umbraco will sit happily nect to them. And you can have multiple Umbraco solutions hosted on the same IIS server as well.

• lance lyons 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 05:03
    lance lyons

ok that is good news.  You guys are saying Umbraco can be a seperate website but the location of this website set of files has to be under the root of IIS (ie, inetpub\wwwroot )?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2009 @ 08:20
    Dirk De Grave

No, not the root of iis, but the root of the your website (if the home dir of the website is set to c:\inetpub\wwroot\mywebsite, then umbraco should be installed in that specific folder)

Cheers,

/Dirik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft