Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 11, 2013 @ 15:59
    Kris

Templated multi-site setup

I'm not sure if this is the correct topic to post this, but is it possible to create a templated multi-site setup in Umbraco.  What I mean specifically, is there a way a user can create a new site in Umbraco, but that site has already been setup with templates and items that are prepopulated into the new site, when it is created?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 11, 2013 @ 16:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kris,

The way I have worked with multi-site setup in Umbraco, to create at new site, on the new language. is taking a copy of the existing website. And from there translate  each page in to the new language.

And users in Umbraco, can copy items. But when you work with muli-language you have to  to manage hostnames in Umbraco.

If you have full access to Umbraco TV here is a great guide how to do it: http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals/running-multiple-sites/structure,-domains-and-languages/TVPlayer

/Dennis

Apr 11, 2013 @ 16:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kris,

The way I have worked with multi-site setup in Umbraco, to create at new site, on the new language. is taking a copy of the existing website. And from there translate  each page in to the new language.

And users in Umbraco, can copy items. But when you work with muli-language you have to  to manage hostnames in Umbraco.

If you have full access to Umbraco TV here is a great guide how to do it: http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals/running-multiple-sites see the episode about: Structure, domains and languages.

But I will also recommend to see the episodes: Templates, Dictionary items and recursive values and Users and permissions

/Dennis

• Kris 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 11, 2013 @ 16:21
    Kris

yea, from my research it seems setting a template site, then copying that each time is the way to go.  Wasn't sure if there was a 3rd party module I hadn't heard of that did the same functionality.  Anyway, thanks for the response.

Apr 11, 2013 @ 16:30
    Dennis Aaen

Kris,

You are welcome, and Welcome to the Our forum. :)

Happy Umbraco coding.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft