Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 20:06
    Connie DeCinko

Upgrading to UMB 4.8 breaks all my XSLT

I just installed UMB 4.8 upgrade over my 4.72 and now all of my XSLT fails. If I try and save them, I get the following error.

Error occured

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

What did I miss? Otherwise the install appears to have gone correctly.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 20:23
    Tom Fulton

Hi Connie,

I used to know the answer to this, but it's been so long :(

Try deleting this file:  /bin/App_global.asax.dll

If not, check out your /config/xsltExtensions.config file and make sure all the corresponding DLLs exist in /bin/

Otherwise, try making sure you don't have any extra DLLs in your /bin/ folder that don't belong.  Around this time part of the upgrade process was to delete some DLLs that were no longer used, I wonder if you might still have some laying around.  Maybe backup/delete /bin/ and add back the DLLs from the 4.8 install, and any custom ones as a starting point

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

Apr 12, 2013 @ 21:16
    Connie DeCinko

Still not working.  I deleted all in the Bin folder, and copied from the UMB install.  Still get the errors.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 21:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Connie,

We had a similar problem on a solution at work,

The version of Umbraco was 4.5.2, and all the xslt files suddenly to working. It was not after an upgrade but it just happened suddenly. The way we solved the problem was, by restarting the site and application pool of siite on the IIS. Maybe it will work for you too.

/Dennis

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 22:31
    Tom Fulton

Can you post the contents of your /config/xsltExtensions.config?  Not sure that's the real problem but just want to check.

Apr 12, 2013 @ 22:56
    Connie DeCinko

Well, I bit the big bullet and decided to upgrade to uComponents v.5x.  That fixed my front end issue but also an error I was getting in the backend.

Now, I just need to figure out why I'm getting this error:  Could not load type 'uComponents.Core.uQuery' from assembly 'uComponents.Core, Version=5.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Everything indicates my code should work:

using System;
    using System.Linq;
    using uComponents.Core;

namespace SBA.AZBar.UserControls
    {
        public partial class getLogInOut_btn : System.Web.UI.UserControl
        {
            protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                int nodesCount = uQuery.GetNodesByXPath("$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::* [activeMenu = 'Lawyers' or @id=1672]").Count();

if (nodesCount > 0)
                    logInOut_button.Visible = true;
            }
        }
    }

Apr 12, 2013 @ 23:04
    Connie DeCinko

Never mind.  Found conflicting documentation.  Changed my using to umbraco instead of uComponents.Core and now all is good.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft