Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alejandro Ocampo 67 posts 330 karma points c-trib
    Apr 22, 2013 @ 16:17
    Alejandro Ocampo

I can not Install Umbraco 4.9.0 Local mode

Good afternoon, I am new with Umbraco and I was trying to Install it in local but I found this ( imagen bellow ) , I have read some solutions in the forum but unfortunatly I can not fix it, I think the css is not working,  I do not why, and I try to click on one of the css link's and always got the same initial page, so someone knows how/where I can find some solutions to my problem?, I am using ISS 6.2, .NET 4.5 ans SQL server 2012. Thanks a lot.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2013 @ 01:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alejandro and welcome to our :)

Any specific reason you're trying to install v4.9? The latest stable release is 6.0.4, which I recommend that you try and install instead. However I have a feeling you might see this issue installing the latest version as well.

Therefore I want to encourage you to have a look at the installation guide here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually - I think this will lead you to a sucessfull installation.

If it still troubles you please do let us know so we can help you out more.

Cheers,
    Jan 

May 05, 2013 @ 22:29
    Alejandro Ocampo

Thank's for your reply Jan.

This weekend I have been trying to set up umbraco on my laptop, I had to format my laptop because I thought the IIS had some problems due I tried it with visual studio and starts correctly (I tested the last version and the 4.9.0 as well), my laptop had Spanish as Main lenguage and all the package(Visual Studio, SQL, IIS) was in English so I thought maybe that was the problem but wasn't. Now i had problems with user permissions and  I don't know why, I all-ready give all the access to my user but is still not working at all, I will keep trying to solve that problem I still have to probe a couple things else I will post again looking for help, if I can solve that problem I will let you know what really happened. 

Again, thank you so much.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2013 @ 11:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alejandro

You will need to provide full access for the network service and iusr accounts. Otherwise you'll have permissions issues as you mention above. You can also just add the group iis_iusrs, which includes both of the mentioned users.

I hope this helps.

And I still think you should go for the latest stable release instead of 4.9, which contains some annoying bugs :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 09, 2013 @ 23:49
    Alejandro Ocampo

Hi Jan.

I fixed this problem 3 days ago but I have been busy to post it, definetly the problem was the IUSR user because I only had the IIS_IUSRS I thought with this was enough, but wasn't, the weird thing is that I gave all the permission to 'everyone' and it didnĀ“t work, so I started to try one by one until the IUSR user, so finally I solved my problem.

I'll install the last version ^^.

Thank's a lot, Jan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft