Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Brookes 34 posts 57 karma points
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 05:43
    Richard Brookes

Where do I find the source for version 6.02

I need to get hold of the source for version 6.02 specifically umbraco.core. I cannot see this in the downloads section.

I looked in the source code tab but there are many changesets labelled with 6.02 how do I know which one to get. Sorry I am not a regular user of codeplex.

Any help appreciated

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 13:52
    Dave Woestenborghs

Best way would be to clone the source code with Mercurial on your local machine and check out the closing branch for 6.0.2

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 15:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Any specific reason you want exactly 6.0.2? Trying to fix something or? Perhaps upgrading to 6.0.3 would be better?

/Jan

• Richard Brookes 34 posts 57 karma points
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 06:22
    Richard Brookes

Thank you for the replies and sorry for the late response it seems that my notifications have stopped working.

Jan I agree that upgrading would be a good option however in this case my client is very nervous of words like "upgrade". My reason for needing to tweak the source code is that I have implemented Amazon S3 for my media items by creating an implementation of IFileSystem. It all works great except when I try to add an image from the media section using the rich text editor control. I need to make a small tweak in umbraco.core.IO.IOHelper to allow my media path to be a url on S3.

Thanks also for your answer Dave. I will definitely look into this.

Thanks again

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2013 @ 11:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Sorry for my late reply - crazy week.

I bet your client also is nervous about the sentence "security issues". Since we wrote together last there have unfortunately been discovered (or rahter fortunately since we have a chance to fix them now) some security issues with Umbraco, which has been fixed in 4.11.8 and 6.0.5 as stated in this post by Umbraco HQ http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/5/1/security-update-two-major-vulnerabilities-found.aspx

So now I actually think you have a valid reason to upgrade the installation. It's really just a matter of overwriting /bin,/umbraco and /umbraco_client folders. Make sure to include the /install folder to run the upgrade script once the copying has been done. You'll also need to merge the files in the /config/ folder. Remember to do a backup of everything before starting to make sure you can rollback in case something goes wrong.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft