Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 271 posts 507 karma points
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 15:18
    Meni

Help !!!!!

Hello, Just installed yesterday Umbraco 6.0.4 (now it's finally work in Razor mode...) - but now I have other terrible problem...My site is not work!! (my 'old' site). Can't access the pages. A short research show that the just standard html pages works good. However, the .aspx do not show (becuase they in webforms...) - now, you can laugh - but till now I didn't use any DB just static - .aspx pages... - so I have like many pages.. How can I make them work again??I'm conceern the only solution is to re-create them again in Razor...? Pls advise. Thanks  

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 15:39
    Charles Afford

Hi, where about are your asprx pages in the file system?.  You can still use webforms i am sure in 6.0.4.  

Would you not just backup the ones you have in the file system.  Create those files in Umbraco under the templates (With the same names).  Then replace the files in the file system (These will be blank you have just made them) with those you backed up (Your old aspx files)

Hope this makes sense :).  Charlie.

Apr 28, 2013 @ 17:00
    Meni

so actually my site is a  magazine. So ther's the Default.aspx that now replaced by the new umbraco default homepage. However, I have the internal magzine (archieve) pages which stores the magzine by categories - gadgets / photography , etc and then each category has it own folder with all the news from the last two years - each .aspx is actually a news page - article in the magazine..

An it's like hundreds pages...

Also, if I change them from .aspx to .cshtml I'll loose all the links that direct to them - on FB / Linkedin / Twitter / forums / etc.

It's crazy! Since yesterday my whole site is not available ...

Any elegant solution which will enable both the new Umbraco and the old files live together in priece on one server ... ?   

Apr 28, 2013 @ 17:19
    Charles Afford

Hang on, how did you update?  Surely you just need to republish the site?  When you say its the default homepage, are you able to get into the backend of the umbraco cms?  Charlie  

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 18:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Meni

If I understand this correctly you have a website consiting of static .aspx files - now that you have installed Umbraco it's the default.aspx file of Umbraco being hit now, right?

In order to have the site up and running I suggest, if it's possible, that you take all of the old static .aspx files and move them into a folder called "old_site" and point your IIS site to this directory instead untill you have figured out how you want to rebuild and manage your site using Umbraco.

Does this sound like a temporary solution that could work? I hope you have a backup of the old default.aspx file since it's probably been overwritten by Umbraco if you have overwritten the file during install.

If the above sounds like gibberish then please tell us how your site was structured before you installed Umbraco so we can give some better advice. If you have a backup of the site from before then take a deep breath and relax...we'll figure this out so the damage is not to hard.

All the best

Jan

Apr 28, 2013 @ 20:06
    Meni

Hello Jan and Charlie,

Yes - I have access to the backend CMS of umbraco and started to put content through the CMS.

And Jan, yes now the default.aspx run by Umbraco. The problem is with the 'old' static .aspx files which I want that ppl will have access to them - cause lot of them are post on LinkedIn / FB / forums etc. As well as, the magazine (archieve) pages. I'm gonna to replace them with archieve pages which manage by Umbraco but they gonna remain the last magaizne pages.

You know what - I think the best will be if you take a look at the website:

http://www.opli.net

The home page - like I said is now default.aspx which is Umbraco page.

Now, if you click on one of the articles in the homepage you'll get an error - the page is not exist (although it's there... )

Now, if you scroll down to the "Imaging & Machine Vision"  - the first 3 articles are already created by umbraco so if you click them they work.

beside this - all the other links - in the upper menu do not work.

They're in a folder which call "magazine". What I want actually is to remain them in this folder as they now and just that my visitors will still have access to them.

I even thought maybe to convert each of them to .cshtml - so I created a Razor pages and uploaded them to the magazine folder (.cshtml file) - didn't work...

Looks like the Umbraco rule now and not allow anyone else to be exist on the server ....

Apr 28, 2013 @ 20:30
    Charles Afford

Ok, so at the moment what does your content tree look like?  What template is the homepage using and what template are the articles using?  You do have these as nodes in the content tree?  Are they published?  No permissions on them?  From trying your urls its suggesting you only have a node for magazine that does not have a template attached.

Is this your first umbraco site?  Do you have all your templates .aspx in the templates folder in the umbraco backend?

Charlie.

Apr 28, 2013 @ 20:34
    Charles Afford

Also you can set 

<addkey="umbracoUseDirectoryUrls"value="true"/>
    in the webconfig. That will get rid of the .aspx extension of your urls :)
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 22:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Meni

Ok, so the referenced pages are still in the root folder, correct? Then you need to add them to the  reservedurls key in the web.config

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,~/medical_eng_magazine.aspx,~/tech_magazine.aspx" />

This should do the trick if the pages are placed directly in the root of the site.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 28, 2013 @ 22:38
    Meni

Home page - than I have a folder for the magazine, and then under each categroy it's pages. They both use the same Template - same Layout

So actually I think I found what the problem is - now I need a solution (for all the pages) - this is the problem:

http://www.web-garden.co.uk/blog/2008/8/4/the-importance-of-umbracoreservedurls-in-your-umbraco-webconfig

However, what he suugset there as solution is per page - and I have like hunderds of pages..

So, in order to make sure his solution work I just added few pages now to the web.config - and MAGIC - they work!

However, there are more hunderds of page which - do I need to add all of them to the web.config????

This the line I added:

But, I need that it will work for all the pages - how do I do it??

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2013 @ 22:41
    Meni

And now another wired thing - it worked just for 1 minute... - and then - error again!!

Now, I got another answer on FB to add the follow (for the whole folder):

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/magazine/" />
     <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/index_pages/" />

I added it and - it's worked! Just for 2 minutes... - like now, after two minutes the error back again ...

What's going on with this UMBRACO????? I think I'll go back to Wordpress...

Too many issues with one CMS ...

Apr 28, 2013 @ 22:43
    Meni

Hi Jan,

just finished to write and saw your answer....

The wired thing is - that it's work - BUT, just for one minute ...

Then the error back...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft