Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    May 15, 2013 @ 17:45
    Sébastien Richer

Installing new 6.1.0 beta 2 website, what about multi-language

Hello,

I'm installing a new 6.1.0 beta 2 website full MVC, that will have french and english languages at first but then maybe more. What's the reccomended way of doing this now, I think recent updates gave us more features? Basically I will want a structure like this (for content):

- MyNewSite
    - FR
    - A section
    - A page
    - Another page
    - A page right under the language root
    - EN
    - A section
    - A page
    - Another page
    - A page right under the language root

I will also need localized urls, so this is why I think I need such a content structure. I will need document to be able to relate to mirror documents in other languages so hat users can jump from one to another quickly. And I guess the "cherry on top" would be to have this be very easy / streamlined from the back office so that my non-technical users will be able to handle it.

Anyone have stories about this?

Thanks!

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    May 19, 2013 @ 20:25
    Mark Bennett

Hi Sebastien,

I have no idea if version 6 gives any more features but there are quite a few articles on the forums on how to configure multiple sites under the same instance so that you can do multi lingual or just have core functions for lots of different sites.

Using the hostnames feature within your content nodes and wiring up IIS to use host headers is the way i'm doing it in version 4.11.8 (core functions for lots of different sites)...

Mark.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft