Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markotitel 9 posts 28 karma points
    May 15, 2013 @ 18:43
    Markotitel

Yet another migration issue "yami" :)

Hi all, Im average linux sys admin and got a task to migrate .net app :D.
    Now dont laugh, I can get by Windows IIS and SQL server;manager :). 

I have Umbraco website, and database dump.  I have copied all the files to the proper web folder and imported database. Permissions are all fine. Changed username/pass and server string in "web.config". But when I browse to the site I get the worst error "HTTP Error 500.19 " . Config error is blank, and problematic file is "web.config".

In Config Source I see just -1: 0: (zero is red coloured).

Ah then after 2 days I have installed fres umbraco, and started transfering data from the backup files, and someow website worked, old content was there. BUT, there are some plugins installed on the old site and they dont work, at least not all of them.

So again I was at the begining of the task. I guess Im missing something from the web.config but really just cant get what it is.

If I do fresh install how to determine which plugins were installed on the backup site, so I can install them before transfering?

Can you check at web.config maybe it is obvious thing for some of you. Or are there any other thing to look at. But I guess migrating shouldnt be that big problem.

[Link to web.config file deleted by admin]

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2013 @ 22:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Markotitel and welcome to our :)

First of all I have deleted the link to your web.config file - seems the credentials etc. was in there. I know that it's not neccesarily a risk but I think it's better to link to a version where the credentials have simply been replaced by "xxxxxx" or something similiar.

Now...the issue you're having can be caused by various different things. Therefore it would be nice to know more details.

What version of Umbraco are you dealing with?

What is the IIS version and MSSQL database version?

Have the app pool been setup to run integrated mode and .NET4?

Are you certain permissions have been setup correctly?

You can read a bit more about how to setup Umbraco in the documentation here: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually

Perhaps there are some pointers you have not thought about etc.

Hope this helps!

/Jan

May 15, 2013 @ 22:19
    Markotitel

Ah those credentials were false :D. but thank you all the same :).

And thank you for fast answer. Umbraco version can be seen in web.config it is old 4.7.1 version. .NET is running in integrated mode.

For the permissions I have done experiment and setup all files to all users so I guess there are no permissions constraints :) .

I have read install umraco manually, and I can successfully install fresh umbraco that is no problem at all. But this specific web backup is giving me headache.

May 15, 2013 @ 22:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Markotitel

Ok, but I just would be spanking myself if they where not by mistake :)

Ok...one more thing to try. Go to the App_Data folder and in the TEMP folder try deleting the "ClientDependency" folder. Does that change anything?

If you open up your web.config in visual studio (if that's possible for you) do you then get any errors in the error panel? If not it's most likely not because the web.config is misconfigured...it's something else.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 15, 2013 @ 23:45
    Markotitel

Thanks you for interest. I have tried your guidance but nothing changed :(. Its like something in web.config totaly disables that site. 

When I remove web.config there are a lot of errors but its looks like web page tried to load actually. With web.config just IIS errors show up.

May 17, 2013 @ 12:54
    Markotitel

Oh man what embarasement. It was URL redirect was not installed in IIS7 :D . Solved

May 17, 2013 @ 16:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Markotitel

Oh the classic error 40 then - don't worry it happens to all of us - just happy that you got it solved.

Cheers,
    Jan 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft