Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Svante Svenson 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 14:54
    Svante Svenson

Umbraco 6.0.5, fresh site gives: Could not load type 'umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.IMacroEngine'

Hi. I just created a new project called "CMS" in Visual Studio and added Umbraco Cms 6.0.5 using NuGet. I've added the site to my local IIS and set the folder rights so that the IUSR-user and app-pool-group have full rights to all files. When browsing to the URL, instead of getting the setup Wizard I get this:

Could not load type 'umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.IMacroEngine' from assembly 'CMS, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I also tried downloading the same version as a zip-file and copied those files onto the already existing files, still get the same error.

• Thomas Brinegar 84 posts 162 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 15:38
    Thomas Brinegar

Hi Svante, I've found it much easier when installing locally to go through the Web Platform Installer for Umbraco.  I also recently tried getting a 6.0.5 instance setup manually and hit a wall every step of the way.

You can grab the platform installer at http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx

I believe Web Matrix has this feature packaged with it as well: http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

May 20, 2013 @ 16:39
    Svante Svenson

Thomas: I've had no problem using the NuGet version with 6.0.2 so I think this is probably a new issue with 6.0.5 or me doing something very weird... I'd rather not use the Web Platform Installer for different reasons.

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    May 20, 2013 @ 17:16
    Mark Bennett

Looks like the dll hasn't got registered with the GAC for some reason in the installation.

Try to do it manually:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2182316/how-to-register-a-net-dll-in-gac

May 21, 2013 @ 13:52
    Svante Svenson

@Mark Bennett: What dll are you refering to?

May 21, 2013 @ 14:40
    Mark Bennett

Svante,

Sorry just re-read your problem. You need to add a reference in Visual Studio to the dlls -

• umbraco.dll
    • businesslogic.dll
    • cms.dll
    • interfaces.dll
    • ClientDependency.Core.dll

Does that fix it?

Cheers,
    Mark. 

May 28, 2013 @ 12:34
    Svante Svenson

This has now been resolved. The problem was that I named my project CMS, and Umbraco has a CMS DLL, so there was a collision...

May 29, 2013 @ 15:18
    Mark Bennett

Ah yes that would do it..glad you sorted it though...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft