Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    May 24, 2013 @ 12:27
    Ayo Adesina

2 Ways to install Umbraco - Why?

Hey Guys,

I have discoved there are two ways to install umbraco 6.

1. Create a blank MVC project, then add umbraco to that instalation.

2. Create a new umbraco installation from the zip file by loading the files in to IIS and running the site.

When I heard umbraco 6 was now 'fully mvc' I would have thought that when install it normally, you would get controller folders, view folders etc..

I just want to know what the diffrence between the two installation methods are and why they exist?

Thanks in advance

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 24, 2013 @ 22:29
    Charles Afford

hi, i am not sure what you mean here when you say create a blank MVC project? and add that to your umbraco installation?  Charlie.

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    May 25, 2013 @ 15:50
    Ayo Adesina

I mean create a blank mvc 4 project in visual studio... IE File> New  Project select MVC 4, I'm talking about the method of installing umbraco out lined here...

http://www.systenics.com/blog/setting-up-umbraco-6-in-visual-studio-2012-for-mvc-development/?tag=Umbraco+6 

Any ideas?

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 25, 2013 @ 19:21
    Charles Afford

Hi, yea i would not do it like this.  Just create a new class liabary project (Create your surface controller and MVC stuff in here) and build that into the bin of your www root project.  This will save you alot of trouble.  Charlie.  :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft