Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Stannard 14 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 18:18
    Andrew Stannard

login issues

I have a working installation of umbraco from the users point of view but I can no longer login. I have checked double check and tripple checked my password but it is not even giving me an incorrect login message it just stays on the login page.

I think that maybe a login property has gone wrong in the web.config file since that was overwritten by another web config file in an FTP mixup. I since put in the correct database details in and the site seemed to work fine up until I tried to log into the admin section. What could be miss configured???

Help please!!

Andy

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 18:59
    Chris Koiak

Can you copy/check the username and password from the DB and use that?

Double check the fields in the DB to make sure the user is still enabled. I'm not to sure the field names, but I'm sure you'll see them in the user table.

Umbraco doesn't display an incorrect login message. It just bounces you back to the login screen.

• Tim 225 posts 690 karma points
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 19:30
    Tim

Another thing to check is that the membership provider is not set to hash passwords if you have users who were not hashed before.

Take a look at this link for details of what I mean and how to fix it:

http://munkimagik.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/cannot-log-in-to-umbraco-after-upgrading-to-401/

Tim

• Andrew Stannard 14 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:34
    Andrew Stannard

Cheers for the suggestions Tim you were right I removed the passwordformat line and now it works. You got me out a spot, thanks very much!!!

• Tim 225 posts 690 karma points
    Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:49
    Tim

Hi Andrew,

Glad I could help. Don't forget to mark the answer as accepted so others know that it worked.

Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft