Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Xavi 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 27, 2013 @ 13:14
    Xavi

The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?'

The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character.Parameter name: routeUrl Hi,I am having problems with the installation of Umbraco 6.0 in IIS8 on Windows Server 2012.Also, I proved Umbraco 4.1 with the same result "The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character"Any idea? Is Umbraco compatible with IIS8?

May 29, 2013 @ 13:37
    Xavi

The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character.
    Parameter name: routeUrl
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character.
    Parameter name: routeUrl

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character.
    Parameter name: routeUrl]
       System.Web.Routing.RouteParser.Parse(String routeUrl) +3990433
       System.Web.Routing.Route..ctor(String url, IRouteHandler routeHandler) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.RouteCollectionExtensions.MapRoute(RouteCollection routes, String name, String url, Object defaults, Object constraints, String[] namespaces) +90
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.CreateRoutes() +240
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +20

[HttpException (0x80004005): The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character.
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12864673
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): The route URL cannot start with a '/' or '~' character and it cannot contain a '?' character.
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12881540
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12722601

Any Idea?

• Luke 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 16:35
    Luke

We are experiencing the exact same error on Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.5. Unfortunately this is our first encounter with Umbraco so we haven't managed to resolve the issue yet but I will update this thread if we find a solution.

May 29, 2013 @ 17:28
    Xavi

thanks!

• Luke 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 31, 2013 @ 12:11
    Luke

Xavi, Are you calling your site 'umbraco'. I have found that if you call your site 'umbraco' this error occurs but if you call it something else e.g. 'umbraco6' it works.

• weenoid 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:43
    weenoid

The above worked for me.

• Danny 2 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 02, 2013 @ 16:35
    Danny

I just wanted to add that the above also fixed the problem for me

• Praveen Elathoor 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:59
    Praveen Elathoor

its fixed for me also when digit 6 was added

• Allen Bellot 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 16:36
    Allen Bellot

Guy's, I too am experiencing this problem...

Where is the best place to go to change the name... Are there some step-by-step instructions?

Thanks

• Allen Bellot 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 20:22
    Allen Bellot

Ok.... So noone replied.  I kept poking around at this problem and finally did the following:

Opened IIS Manager

Removed the Umbraco site (Right Click On Umbraco - Choose Remove from the Context Menu).

Moved my Cursor Back up to the Sites Entry in the IIS tree structure.

Right Click on Sites - Choose Add New Site from the Context Menu.

Renamed my Site ( I actually reentered the original name.) -

Right Click again on the newly created Umbtaco Site name - Select Manage Web Site -> Browse

It opened the Install page and allowed me to continue with the Installation SetUp.

This site helped: http://peterkellner.net/2010/07/10/installing-umbraco-to-win7-step-by-step/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft