Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 01:04
    Gary

run time error after installing the Open Calais Auto Tag package

I tried to install Open Calais Auto Tag package v2.2.4 into Umbraco version 6.0.5 and then I get the following error   errorFileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]According to the Open Calais page - http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/open-calais-autotag there were changes made to address the "log4net" assembly.I don't know how to reach the Open Calais owner so that is why I am posting this here.Are any others having issues with the Open Calais package?ThanksGary

• Gary 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 01:23
    Gary

You can see the live error here - http://swimmingworldmagazine.azurewebsites.net/

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 09:11
    elspiko

Hi Gary,

I've just been contacted on Twitter by someone suffering with the same problem and thought I'd see if anyone else was having a similar issue. Basically it the package was shipping with an old version of log4net which wrote over the version that ships with umbraco & therefore broke the site. I have since updated the package which you can download from the packages section on here. This version runs on v4.11 & 6.0.x but not 6.1.x yet. I shall be uploading a new package today to make it compatible with the latest version of Umbrarco.

Apologies I haven't found this thread sooner, due to a move in company I'm no longer using Umbraco and therefore not active on this site as much. If you have any further issues please use the package's forum which will notify me directly. Alternatively tweet me @elspiko.

Kind regards

Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft