Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points MVP c-trib
    May 29, 2013 @ 23:54
    Jason Prothero

Cannot save Razor scripts after upgrade to 6.0.5

Just wrapping up a marathon upgrade from 3.0 to 6.0.5 and things are mostly working great.  One of my last issues is that I cannot save razor scripts in the admin website.  I can edit them on disk and they are rendered fine on the front end.

I get this error on save in the javascript console.  Any ideas?

1. Uncaught TypeError: Object function () { umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.initializeBase(this); this._timeout = 0; this._userContext = null; this._succeeded = null; this._failed = null; } has no method 'SaveDLRScript' editPython.aspx:27
  • Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2013 @ 23:50
    Paul Sterling

@Jason -

Just a hunch...could there be an older .dll (from pre-6) still in the /bin/ ?  Any you've incremented CD already too?

-Paul

May 31, 2013 @ 00:52
    Jason Prothero

Anything is possible.  I used BeyondCompare to copy the dlls in the bin over.  I just copied them from disk and didn't affect it.  There are no other random DLLs from packages or extensions except WebControlCaptcha.dll...

I'm sure its something related to the upgrade process (old javascript or something)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 31, 2013 @ 14:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hey Jason, can you check if you have the file ~/Umbraco_Client/Editors/EditMacroScripts.js and if it contains the call to SaveDLRScript?

The call is then made to ~/Umbraco/codeEditorSave.asmx so make sure that file is there too.

Finally, have  a look at ~/Umbraco/Developer/editPython.aspx it should have this guy in there:

<umb:JsInclude ID="JsInclude2" runat="server" FilePath="Editors/EditMacroScripts.js" PathNameAlias="UmbracoClient" />

And as Paul suggested try to bump the version in ClientDependency.config as well to get fresh javascripts.

Jun 04, 2013 @ 01:50
    Jason Prothero

Sebastiaan,

EditMacroScripts is there.

I don't see ~/Umbraco/codeEditorSave.asmx.  Is that the correct directory path?

editPython.aspx does have that include.

Something of note, its running on IIS6.  Does that work?  I'm also seeing an issue with TinyMCE in Chrome that its getting an error about needing IIS to be in integrated pipeline mode.  I don't think that exists in IIS6.

6.x works on IIS 6, right?

Thanks,

Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft