Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claus Nedergaard 62 posts 104 karma points
    Sep 16, 2009 @ 17:04
    Claus Nedergaard

Upgrading from 3.0.2 to 4.0.2.1 - Parsing error

Oki! Here's a new one from Me!

On the frontpage of the site at hand I have a newslist always showing the 6 latest posts. It's created witd Warren Buckley web wizard.

After the upgrade to 4.0.2.1 I get this annoying parsing error:

If I delete the code from line 28 and down to the end of the newslist the frontpage shows but of course without newslisting.

What confuses me is error message below: ...does not have a public property named 'a'. !! The a is merely a html tag - where should I define that?

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Type 'umbraco.presentation.templateControls.Macro' does not have a public property named 'a'.

Source Error:

Line 28:               <span id="NewsSecondaryHeader">
    Line 29:                    <umbraco:Macro runat="server" Alias="XSLTListHomeNewsEvents" macroAlias="XSLTListHomeNewsEvents"></?UMBRACO_MACRO>
    Line 30:                  <a href="/bif-corner.aspx" title="mere...">mere...</a>
    Line 31:                 </span>
    Line 32:        </form>

Source File: /masterPages/HomePagewithNewslist.master    Line: 30

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 16, 2009 @ 17:17
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Claus,

Somehow the Macro tag is not converted correctly try to change </?UMBRACO_MACRO> to </umbraco:Macro>

Hope this helps you,

Richard

• Claus Nedergaard 62 posts 104 karma points
    Sep 16, 2009 @ 17:24
    Claus Nedergaard

Richard...your'e a lifesaver :-)

That absolutely did the trick. Thank you so much...I would never have figured that out myself .-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft