Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Churchley 27 posts 172 karma points
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 11:39
    John Churchley

Upgrade problems 6.0.5 to 6.1.1 post build in VS

Upgraded from 6.0.5 to 6.1.1 however once I rebuild the solution in Visual Studio I get a Parser Error. The site worked before rebuliding so I can the upgrade was successful. Applicaition pool has also been recycled. Thanks in Advance!

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UI.Install.Title'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeBehind="Title.ascx.cs" Inherits="Umbraco.Web.UI.Install.Title" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="Umbraco.Core.Configuration" %>
    Line 3:  <title>Umbraco <%=UmbracoVersion.Current.ToString(3)%> <%=UmbracoVersion.CurrentComment%> Configuration Wizard</title>
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 11:41
    John Churchley

When trying to get on the backend I get this error also

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Profiling' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Core' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 6:  <%@ Register Src="controls/Tree/TreeControl.ascx" TagName="TreeControl" TagPrefix="umbraco" %>
    Line 7:  <%@ Import Namespace="StackExchange.Profiling" %>
    Line 8: <%@ Import Namespace="Umbraco.Core.Profiling" %> Line 9:  <%@ Import Namespace="Umbraco.Web" %>
    Line 10: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="umbraco.uicontrols" Assembly="controls" %>
  • Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 12:12
    Dave Woestenborghs

Did you update your reference in visual studio to use the new umbraco dll's ?

Jun 05, 2013 @ 12:30
    John Churchley

Thanks dawoe you were right! I followed these instruction http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation however as I'm using nuget package manager so it references the dlls in the package folder which were still 6.0.5. I'm not sure whether this is the correct method but I installed the latest package (6.1.1 update-package UmbracoCms) to the solution and it automatically removed the 6.0.5. I then made the changes to the webconfig (readding the connection string/debug = true etc) and made changes to the umbracoSettings.config back into MVC mode. Seem to work. Would be great if there was some instruction on upgading umbraco through nuget similar to the link above!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 13:17
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hi John, I've updated that wiki article with a link to up-to-date upgrade documentation now, including instructions for NuGet.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2013 @ 13:18
    Dave Woestenborghs

Here is the link : http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/

Thanks for the update Sebastiaan

Jun 05, 2013 @ 13:29
    John Churchley

Thank you both!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft