Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rhydian Coombs 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 14:59
    Rhydian Coombs

Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.Routing.RoutesCacheResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Hi,

I'm losing the will to live! If I had any hair I'd have pulled it out by now!!!

I've created an Umbraco website that i have been testing on my local machine with no problems It utilises a number of User Controls that communicate with a SQL Server database.

I then used WebMatrix to publish my website to our production server (which I assume just copies the files) which is hosted by Fasthosts.

When i run the website i get the following error...

"Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.Routing.RoutesCacheResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it."

I know there have been other posts relating to this error, but none seem to sort my issue. Has anyone experienced this error and got it sorted?

A few facts...

The version of Umbraco used on my local machines was 6.0.2.

IIS 7.5.7600 is running on our Production Server

SQL Server on Production Server:  Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64)   Apr  2 2010 15:48:46   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Express Edition with Advanced Services (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7600: ) (Hypervisor)

Our Production server already hosts a number of other asp.net websites.

The Umbraco website on our production server is running under a sub domain e.g. mysubdomain.mywebsite.co.uk

Am I right in thinking that you don't need to install anything relating to Umbraco on a Production Server?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rhydian.

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 10, 2013 @ 10:53
    CASTELLI

Hi,

I had the same issue copying a working version of Umbraco 6.1.1 (and database) to another machine.

I solved it by setting the permissions to the whole root folder and subdirectories for ASPNET and IUSR and network services in that order.
    I cannot tell which one made it worked by it made the error disappear and the ran fine.

Hope it helps

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    Oct 14, 2014 @ 07:30
    Urvish

Hi CASTELLI,

I tries to give rights to directories but not succed.

One of the reasons I found is that you are trying to install packages in def version of Umbraco that a package built for in my case.

Urvish

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft