Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Debbie Lawrenson 55 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 14:59
    Debbie Lawrenson

Extract static HTML from Umbraco CMS?

Hi all,

I have a site in Umbraco running but due to deadlines I might have to get something live before the amended Umbraco site is ready. Is it possible to extract the static HTML from an Umbraco site?

Also, how do I find out what the username and password is for the site? We adopted it from another supplier and they aren't being very forthcoming.

Thanks,

Deb

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jun 13, 2013 @ 01:53
    Funka!

Hi Deb,

If you have only a handful of pages, you can always view them in your browser and either choose File -> Save As... or at least view source and copy that into a static HTML file. Just make sure to keep your file & folder structures the same.

If you have a much larger number of pages, take a look at a free (as in both speech and beer) program called HTTrack which is basically a website spider and copier. I've used this to back-up/mirror existing client sites before relaunching their brand new pretty umbraco sites. You might find that this does what you ask very quickly and with little hassle.

Good luck to you!

• Michael Westgate 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jun 13, 2013 @ 14:32
    Michael Westgate

Deb,

Regarding the username and password; as far as I know, the only way to get the username and password is if you have access to the database and the password is stored in plain text.

More than likely, the username is 'admin' and the password is encypted (security precation - cannot be decrypted). What you can do is change the password to a different encrypted string. For example, a password of 'password' (without the quotes) is encrypted to '/7IIcyNxAts3fvQYe2PI3d19cDU=' (without quotes).

Running the following SQL should reset the default account to username:admin, password:password

UPDATE umbracoUser set userdisabled=0, userLogin='admin', userPassword='/7IIcyNxAts3fvQYe2PI3d19cDU=' where id=0

What you can do to confirm the username is to look in the umbracoUser table as it lists all users.

Regards,

Mike

• Debbie Lawrenson 55 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:09
    Debbie Lawrenson

Thanks to both for your answers. I have resolved the password issue by following this http://markdevelopmentblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/umbraco-reset-admin-password-via-sql.html also I have managed to use HTTrack to grab all the pages as a static site, albeit the structure of the pages is a little odd because it puts every page in a folder of the same name and then has the page as index within that, odd, BUT the site is functioning none-the-less.

Thanks so much for your advice :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft