Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Isak 6 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 00:46
    Isak

Visual Studio dosen't include necessary files

Hi!

I've installed umbraco 6.1.1 from NuGet in Visual Studio 2012. I've developed everything locally and it has worked fine. But when i tried to publish it I noticed that everything I've done after the installation (adding macros, templates, media, etc) has not been included in the project. Not even the database file (I used the embeded database option). I've done this before without any problems. Thought i can't remember what umbraco version it was. I can of course add the files manually but I'm not sure which files are mandatory, and it feels like this should be done automatically..

Does anyone has a solution for this? Or at least tell me if this is a problem with umbraco or Visual studio?

Umbraco version 6.1.1
    Visual Studio 2012 version 4.5.50709
    NuGet version 2.0.30625.9003

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 21:31
    Funka!

My guess is that if you use the admin UI to add templates/views, scripting files, etc., that they won't be "included" in the V.S. project and thus not part of the publishing. If you click the "Show All Files" button in the V.S. Solution Explorer, do you see these files as "ghost" icons with dotted borders? (In which case, you just need to select them and right-click to Include in Project.

Again, this is just a guess, so apologies if you already checked this. Good luck!

• Isak 6 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 22:43
    Isak

That's correct. I've added the files from the umbraco backend. And like you say, they appear as ghost icons and i can include them manually. But it seems that i leaves out other files aswell. 'Cause i got screeming errors when i try to publish it, saying that it can't load files and stuff.. like System.Web.Helpers.dll for example. Maybe this is because some other error somewhere.. Is anyone else using VS and NuGet to install and develop umbraco that knows of this?

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 00:14
    Funka!

Another guess here, but check that you have installed MVC 4 on your development machine? Check out http://www.asp.net/mvc and look for the download. I think also you might want to install the latest VS Express (even if you already have the full VS), since if memory serves correctly I believe installing the Express version will load other dependencies onto your machine as well that Umbraco needs. (I would recommend doing this first, since it may also include MVC 4 for you?)

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft