Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 16:50
    Amir Khan

500 Error when inserting video

I'm getting a "Failed to load resource" error when trying to insert video in the RTE with a reference to the following file on Umbraco 6.0.3. Any idea how to remedy this?

Jun 19, 2013 @ 22:31
    Amir Khan

No one else has experienced this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 23:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Amir

It's probably because the server does not recommend the mime type. I don't know how you're catching the chosen movie but you should make sture that the mime type for the file has been configured either on the server or in the web.config file.

By adding them as described in step 7 here https://github.com/h5bp/server-configs/tree/master/iis you should be done.

If this has already been done I'm not sure why the error is triggered. When it's mime-type related it's usually a 404 error that is thrown but try the above out anyway.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 20, 2013 @ 16:40
    Amir Khan

Hi Jan, I don't think that's it. I have another site thats running on the same server with the same settings and its working fine. I think it has something to do with the security update from a while back regarding webservices. Do you happen to know where all the webservice files live that the third party media plugin references?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft