Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 10:35
    Graham Carr

Website pages not rendering - 404 error

I have a website I am trying to put live and which works fine in development and staging. The issue I have is that whenever I try to access the site I am receiving a  HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found message.

I know that the website is pointing to the correct place and can access images and test HTML pages fine, however I get the 404 message even when trying to access the /umbraco/ folder.

The site is running V6.0.5 of Umbraco, and the server is a Windows 2003 Server running IIS6 and SQL Server 2008 R2. Initially I thought it was an issue with IIS6 as the pre-requisites seem to point to this stating 4.7.x needs IIS7, however I have websites running 4.7.11 on similar IIS6 servers and they are working fine.

Nothing is appearing in the server event logs, and I don't know the best way of trying to work out what is going on.

For reference and to see what is happening the live URL is http://www.pact-hr.co.uk

Does anyone have any ideas, any help would be appreciated?

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 10:59
    Graham Carr

SOLVED.

It was the clients server, however under the Web Service Extensions node in IIS6, ASP.NET v4.0.30319 was set to Prohibited, I changed this to Allowed and everything started working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft