Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• C Andreasson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 19:56
    C Andreasson

Difficult

I think it's very difficult to work with Umbraco and I do not get any answer of some of my questions!

what am I doing wrong and how do I get in contact with somebody who wish to help?

Regards the fustrede

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:39
    bob baty-barr

Hello, i am sorry you are having challenges getting started with umbraco. I am not entirely sure of your situation from your details above. Could you provide a bit more information about the troubles you are having?

is the site on a hosting service or a local instance you are experimenting with?

if it is hosted, what hosting company are you using, etc.

for local dev and testing, webMatrix is the quickest and easiest way to get things started - go to microsoft.com and download the webMatrix tools... FREE

Next, i download the files, right click on the zip archive and go to properties to make sure the zip is 'unblocked'

after extraction... you can right-click on the site root and select 'open as website with webMatrix'

once the site is open with in webMatrix, simply click run and go through the install screens. First screen, for ease of use, select the SQLce version option or simple database.

follow through with the rest of the wizard and even install a starter kit so you can see how umbraco syntax and the general separation of code, markup and visual layers are all maintained.

Good luck and feel free to post more details so we can help you to have the best experience possible with umbraco!

Jun 18, 2013 @ 23:25
    C Andreasson

Hi and thanks for your replies ;-)

My problem is that I have newly installed visual studio pro 2012 and webmatrix3 and I can not get to install my sql database. (not the sql CE)

I normaly just open gallery in webmatrix and click the umbraco. 

Former havede I VS2010 and an older version of WebMatrix and it worked fine.

When I come to the part (step3) under the installing it just completed my database installation?? I think it installes the sql CE (I dont want that.)

How do I come to the part where I have to right my servername connection and database name? (normaly it shows up)

I have setup my connection in SQL Server Management Studio 2012. The connection works fine and I can view the db on my hostcompanys server(Hostins company UnoEuro).

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 07:42
    Rich Green

Hey,

Open up your Web.Config file and just put the connection string in there and rerun the install.

Rich

Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:07
    C Andreasson

HI

ok it's so easy, typically. I'll try it.

but still can not understand why the window of the installation with the choice of db does not appear?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:07
    Rich Green

It should do, but maybe you got past that in the installation?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft