Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 07:09
    skiltz

Umbraco 6 - MVC Not Render on front end.

I've upgraded from a very old version of Umbraco ( we have a truck load of legacy code, its been a mission!) - Thought we were almost good to go then after adding a new MVC "template".

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage
    hello!

Nothing is rendered on the frontend of the website.  If I look in the logs I see this entry.

2013-06-24 17:06:59,797 [39] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController - [Thread 11] No physical template file was found for template Index

Anyone have any ideas on what I am missing?

Jun 24, 2013 @ 07:22
    skiltz

Okay so if I create a View called Index.cshtml then that get rendered, but my Template on my documenttype is called something completely different..

• Anton 36 posts 67 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 16:38
    Anton

Have you set the config value to Mvc?  If you dont set this value then your "views" is actually created in the masterpages folder.

<defaultRenderingEngine>Mvc</defaultRenderingEngine>

You can take a look at step 6 here:

http://www.tekcent.com/articles/2013/getting-started-with-umbraco-and-visual-studio-2012/

Hope that helps

Anton

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 21:24
    Charles Afford

Hi could you explain your content tree, document types, templates ect.  Also yes you might want to check what Anton is saying about <defaultRenderingEngine>Mvc</defaultRenderingEngine>

Jun 27, 2013 @ 22:41
    skiltz

Sorry this is actually fixed.  I was using Ninject in my project and was overriding the UmbracoControllerFactory unknowingly, hence the routes weren't routed to where I thought they were going.  Whoops!

Thanks for the replies, this was appreciated.

-Matthew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft