Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 09:11
    Tom

Packages Version Control

Hi Umbraco Team,

We're using umbraco for multiple applications here at work. We have on in particular where we're really trying to automate our deploy processes between dev, test, live. I'm just wondering how that works in terms of packages?

We're mainly wondering how can you keep packages in source control when depending on environment their folder / files are in a folder of a different guid and their files are installed all around the install.. have you had any experience with that scenario?

can we just blow away the installed packages config in test and live and copy everything up (the db schemas are a manual upgrade of course but is there anything else we'd need to migrate up in terms of db where packages are concerned?)

Cheers,

Tom

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:10
    Rich Green

Hey Tom,

Each package is different, but mostly they are just files/folders/dlls and config changes. Sometimes packages will affect the DB too (mostly additional tables).

As far as I know packages.config is just for listing the files so nothing to do with the packages running.

For example ImageGen & uComponents are part of our default build, so we just check the affected files into source control as normal.

Hope that helps a little.

Rich

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:10
    Rich Green

I'm not sure what you mean about packages having different GUID's? I'm not sure that's possible.

• Jenny Korinne Carema 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 13:28
    Jenny Korinne Carema

How much would this package cost. - Casa Sandoval

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft