Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bill Smith 52 posts 222 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 17:49
    Bill Smith

Unable to connect to database: Login failed for user ''.

I am trying to deploy an Umbraco 4.11 installation but when attempring to run, I get this error:

Login failed for user ''.

Now I can log in to the Umbraco DB using the the same User name and Password from SQL Management Studio but not from Umbraco.

And I have set up dozens of Umbraco websites before but this issue is a first for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

• Matt Barlow | jacker.io 164 posts 740 karma points c-trib
    Jun 28, 2013 @ 18:15
    Matt Barlow | jacker.io

To quote Douglas Robar:

"The important thing when testing a connection to SQL server is to go to the advanced options and select 'TCP/IP' as the connection mechanism (that's what umbraco uses). By default, SQL Server does not enable tcp/ip connections. And, by default, when you log in to management studio you will be using named pipes, which umbraco doesn't use.

So, my guess is that you simply need to enable tcp/ip connection in sql server"

Hope that helps:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/4017-Login-failed-for-user-%27DBUSER%27

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jun 30, 2013 @ 08:30
    Charles Afford

Hi, Have you tried going into sql using sql authentication?  Can you do this.  If so, can you access the database I.E:

Database > Your database > can see all the tables ect ect.

When you say deploy?  Are you trying to install?  Do you get to 5%.

Is this the first SQL user you have created in your SQL Management Studio.  If so you may need to use SQL auth rather than Windows auth,

Charlie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft