Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sotiris Mastrandrikos 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 30, 2013 @ 00:40
    Sotiris Mastrandrikos

first byte long time response

hello mates, I have deployed a website using 4.11.3 version of umbraco and I met the following issue: first byte response is quite slow, however the default page loads quickly afterwards. if you want to try yourselves the url is beta.kerdos.gr (greek website). I' ve checked several improvements concerning IIS (version 7.5)  but the problem persists..I'm new to umbraco, and any advice of what else to check  would be appriciated. if you need any further information, please let me know..  thanks in advance!

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 00:37
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Sotiris,

Do you have any custom code running per page load? (just curious)

Out-of-the-box Umbraco doesn't have any major bottlenecks in page loading, so not sure what it might be.  If there is nothing unusual going on, then the typical answer is to enabling caching in various places - macros, templates, IIS (output caching), etc.

Cheers, Lee.

• Sotiris Mastrandrikos 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 09:21
    Sotiris Mastrandrikos

Hello lee, thanks for  your reply :)  Actually I do have a bunch of ascx controls, however even after disabling them the site remains slow at first byte.. I forgot to mention that the site concerns a newspaper and the nodes added per day are more or less 350 - 400. I have a question about ascx compilation. I was wondering if  umbraco compiles every ascx control  in usercountrols, even if it's not in use. Thanks in admvance for your help!  If you need further info , please let me know..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft