Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke Alderton 192 posts 509 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 00:56
    Luke Alderton

Errors after upgrading from 6.0.1 to 6.1.2

I was running a website using Umbraco 6.0.1 and it was running fine but I wanted to update for the latest features etc, so I upgraded to 6.1.2 and all was fine untill I started using the website as normal in the back office.

Any help would be appretiated I've spend hours with no avail. I think it might be an issue with Umbraco 6.1.2?

I started to get the following error when I republish with '?xml=true':

You can't specify target table 'CMSCONTENTXML' for update in FROM clause

And when I view the front end of the website

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

Line 3:  @using System.Web.Mvc;
    Line 4:  @{
    Line 5:      Layout = null;
    Line 6:  }
    Line 7:  

Source File: d:\Luke Alderton\Luke Alderton\Views\_Layout.cshtml    Line: 

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.AttributeCollectionAdapter.Add(Object key, Object value) +31
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Field(IPublishedContent currentPage, String fieldAlias, String altFieldAlias, String altText, String insertBefore, String insertAfter, Boolean recursive, Boolean convertLineBreaks, Boolean removeParagraphTags, RenderFieldCaseType casing, RenderFieldEncodingType encoding, Boolean formatAsDate, Boolean formatAsDateWithTime, String formatAsDateWithTimeSeparator) +1177
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Field(String fieldAlias, String altFieldAlias, String altText, String insertBefore, String insertAfter, Boolean recursive, Boolean convertLineBreaks, Boolean removeParagraphTags, RenderFieldCaseType casing, RenderFieldEncodingType encoding, Boolean formatAsDate, Boolean formatAsDateWithTime, String formatAsDateWithTimeSeparator) +173
       System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3(CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) +1027
       ASP._Page_Views__Layout_cshtml.Execute() in d:\Luke Alderton\Luke Alderton\Views\_Layout.cshtml:5
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +279
       System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +124
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +195
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body) +207
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +194
       StackExchange.Profiling.MVCHelpers.WrappedView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +294
       System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +379
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +32
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +720
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__19() +40
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 09:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luke

Are you using webforms or MVC on the site? And what database are you using?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft