Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Kingo Damgaard 157 posts 456 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 12:46
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Possible bug in 6.1.2 regarding locales and hostnames

Can someone confirm this strange behaviour after updating from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2?

I have an installation with 3 sites:

Content
    - Forside
    - Junior
    - Senior

After updating to 6.1.2, if I Save And Publish any of the rootnodes (and only the rootnodes, where there hostnames applied), the nodename is suffixed with (1) as if the page already exist (it doesn't). If I remove (1) and save again, the same thing happens. If I rename the node to another name, it saves fine - even more than once.

I tried to produce it on a new installation, and the problem gets more strange. In VS I created a new webforms project, installed Umbraco CMS Nuget, and setup "Simple website" with SQLCE. If I try to apply a locale and/or hostname on the root and save I get a dialog saying "{"Message":"Authorization has been denied for this request."}"

Could it be related to this bugfix http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2361?

/Bo

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 13:25
    Morten Christensen

I think its related to this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2414

Does this occur for all nodes or only the first level nodes?

- Morten

Jul 02, 2013 @ 13:41
    Morten Christensen

I just tried to reproduce this on a fresh 6.1.2 site using a Business starterkit (also installed with nuget and using sql ce). I've gone through all levels and I don't get any nodes renamed on any level when I do a Save or Save and Publish.

On each save or update the lower level datalayer will check for names with the same name on the same level (ea. where parent id is the same), so it should only be able to occur when there are in fact duplicate names, which is then renamed to "node name + (1)".

I also tried to create another root node and assign a hostname to one of them, but didn't get any errors. So not exactly sure what has gone wrong with your setup.

- Morten

Jul 02, 2013 @ 14:08
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Thats weird. Come to think of it, it's the same installation in which I discovered this bug http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2361. Maybe there is a ghost in the DB that I need to remove

/Bo

Jul 02, 2013 @ 14:13
    Morten Christensen

Yes, that sounds very likely. Especially because the base select clause will include the newest=true part. Maybe try doing a select newest=true on a join of the umbracoNode, cmsContentVersion and cmsDocument tables to see if there are any duplicate nodes in there.

Jul 02, 2013 @ 14:45
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

In umbracoNode there is only one with that id, in cmsDocument there is only one with newest=true. In cmdContentVersion there a lot with that ID, most of the time 2 with almost the same timestamp. What do I look for? Do you have the join query that could reveal the culprit?

/Bo

Jul 03, 2013 @ 13:46
    Morten Christensen

Hi Bo,

Try this query:

SELECT id, COUNT(id) as nodeCount
    FROM umbracoNode
    INNER JOIN cmsDocument ON cmsDocument.nodeId = umbracoNode.id
    WHERE cmsDocument.newest = '1'
    GROUP BY id
    HAVING COUNT(id) > 1

Ideally it should be empty, but if you have documents with multiple "newest" versions then they should show up with the id of the node and how many are Newest.

- Morten

Jul 03, 2013 @ 16:17
    Morten Christensen

In addition to the above please also try this query to see if there are any orphans

SELECT id
    FROM umbracoNode
    WHERE id NOT IN ( SELECT nodeId FROM cmsDocument ) AND nodeObjectType = 'C66BA18E-EAF3-4CFF-8A22-41B16D66A972' 

We have a similar issue on the tracker, which is closely related to this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2457

- Morten

Jul 04, 2013 @ 08:27
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Thanks.

Didn't get around to testing your queries before late yesterday. The first query gave 1 result with 2 nodeCount, but it's not the nodes that has issues, so it didn't solve anything. I didn't find any orphans either. I've looked at your mentioned issue, and it looks to be related. There seems to be something wrong when deleting a node. In umbracoNode I found a node called "Forside" with id=1054, which was the reason that id=1050 couldn't be named "Forside". However I can't find id=1054 anywhere else, so it seems that the node hasn't been properly deleted, as mentioned in that issue. If I change id 1054 to anything but "Forside", I can now change id 1050 to "Forside". This may not be random, because another page I have issues with ("Junior", id=1766), is present in umbracoNode 4 times, one of them with "Junior (1)" and the same id=1766.

Could there be an issues with the persistence layer not deleting nodes properly? Is it safe to delete nodes from umbracoNode?

/Bo

Jul 04, 2013 @ 08:40
    Morten Christensen

Has this site once been a v4?

Jul 04, 2013 @ 08:41
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

No never. It started as 6.0.3 I think

Jul 04, 2013 @ 08:59
    Morten Christensen

There was one or two issues with moving to trash and emptying the recycle bin in in of the earlier versions of v6. But as far as I remember it would only have been an issue for the 2+ level of deleted items. I believe we fixed an issue related to the legacy delete code early on.

If you can send me a copy of the database I can investigate, but can't promise a fulfilling answer. But should be able to locate any problem-nodes.

Jul 04, 2013 @ 09:04
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Thanks Morten, but I think I'll leave it at that. I renamed the offending nodes in umbracoNode for all 3 root nodes, and now I can change the names to right values.

/Bo

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 18:22
    Sébastien Richer

Hi, I'm just heading live with this new 6.1.1 that got upgraded to 6.1.2 site and it seems that only on my online environnement, when I try to save my hostnames I get the {"Message":"Authorization has been denied for this request."} message. This is critical for me since I cannot put the final, proper hostnames in!

I'll try and change directly in DB for now, but I wonder what could cause this, where is this message coming from, SQL user? IIS user?

Thanks for the help!

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 18:50
    Ismail Mayat

I have installed latest via nuget and i am getting all sorts of js errors like:

Uncaught ReferenceError: umbraco is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: Sys is not defined

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)http://localhost/Scripts/WebForms/MsAjax/MicrosoftAjax.js

not sure whats going on ???

Regards

Ismail

Jul 09, 2013 @ 19:10
    Morten Christensen

Ismail, do you get that error when adding a hostname and locale?

- Morten

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 19:19
    Ismail Mayat

nope just when i view the source as i cannot empty the bin. the bin wont empty due to js errors. Im going to remove the project do fresh install from nuget see if that sorts it out

Jul 09, 2013 @ 20:20
    Sébastien Richer

Actually, I want to correct myself, I think I actually started the site on 6.0.0 beta candidate? Then I think I upgraded to 6.1.1. Then to 6.1.2 and have the issue now, I reproduced locally, investigating!

Jul 09, 2013 @ 20:22
    Sébastien Richer

I get this in my console: 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)

http://mysite.local/umbraco/Api/DomainsApi/SaveLanguageAndDomains

Jul 09, 2013 @ 21:51
    Sébastien Richer

For your enjoyment now is the "I'm a moron moment"! My problem was that the version number in my web.config was not updated correctly. Adjusted it to correct version and everything is back to normal!

• Gaitano Boeraeve 17 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 00:11
    Gaitano Boeraeve

Sadly i'm encountering the same issues on a fresh 6.1.2.2 install.
    I'll give you all the details so it might help to fix this:

1) I installed the umbraco on my cloud server on a subdomain. http://subproject.existingproject.be
    2) I was configuring everything, document types, nodes, ... no problem
    3) I decided to install a package FamFamFamicons and accidentally misclicked on local packages or startkit when I saw the error the first time.
    Actually it was a little bit different right then:  http://puu.sh/3AByh.png
    4) I decided to ignore it, but when I tried to rename a wrongly named DataType in my developer section (after reload nodes the datatype didn't had the new name in the tree), I knew something must be wrong in Umbraco 6.1.2.2.
    5) I decided to start all over again and install umbraco via Nuget this time in visual studio, couple a hostname www.projectname.local on it and install it.
    6) When trying to do something in the developer section, immediately the following dialog hit my screen: http://puu.sh/3AANN.png ;
    7) A screenshot of my console windows after a few unauthorized dialogs: http://puu.sh/3ABFc.png ;

I have an other Umbraco 6.1 application running which I have recently updated to "Umbraco v6.1.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.4927.23554)", no problems there.
    No unauthorised dialogs and no problems renaming an existing datatype.

Just to test all things out, I installed a new 6.1 application on my local machine, gave all permissions ( IIS_IUSRS - Full control) and sadly even here I'm encountering this issue now. Some unauthorised links from my console: http://puu.sh/3ACrK.png

Hope this helps to fix this / help us.

• Gary Hunt 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 00:06
    Gary Hunt

I think I may have spotted the root cause of this - it's due to the unique processing occuring across all documents nodes - I've just had a similar issue where a document had the same name as a member - causing the document to end up with the (1) postfix.

I'll dig into the code and post a patch to the core team

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Aug 28, 2014 @ 18:05
    Matt Taylor

I just experienced the

error: {"Message":"Authorization has been denied for this request."}

after upgrading from 6.1.6 to 6.2.2.

I looked in the log and saw

28/08/2014 16:54:59     INFO     Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext     CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '6.2.2','6.1.6'

After correcting the version in the web.config (which I was sure I had done already) the error message stopped ocurring.

Regards, Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft