Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tulkos 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:00
    Tulkos

Multiple errors installing Umbraco 6.0.7 at 1und1 webhoster

Hi guys,

i've got a couple of errors due installing umbraco at 1and1.

I set up an umbraco instance with WebMatrix on my local machine. All works fine. After some customizing i copied all files via ftp to my webshost. 

Running my website not follows in an configuration error (unrecognized section...). I've added following lines to my web.config. 

<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>

<section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

<section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

After that a config error for the following web.config-section occured. I commented out the following lines:

<!-- Ensure the powered by header is not returned -->

<!--<httpProtocol>

<customHeaders>

<remove name="X-Powered-By" />

</customHeaders>

</httpProtocol>

-->

That solved my errors. But now i still get the following errors:

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbfeedViewer.xslt

When i try to open the xlst via admin area, i get the following error:

Error occured

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() 
    at System.Net.CredentialCache.get_DefaultCredentials() 
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging) 
    The action that failed was: 
    Demand 
    The type of the first permission that failed was: 
    System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission 
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was: 
    MyComputer

I know that my webhoster runs at medium trust permissions. But i can set permissions for IUSR as i want. So any ideas to solve my issues? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Tulkos

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:09
    Rich Green

Hey Tulkos,

Welcome to the forum!

I think you need to do 2 things:

1) Check the version of .NET your server is running

2) Check your File / Folder permissions!!

Rich

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tulkos and welcome to our :)

What webhost are you using? And are you sure that they support Umbraco?

/Jan

Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:15
    Tulkos

Wow, thank you for your fast answers.

I'm not sure 1and1.at (eq 1and1.com) is supporting Umbraco. I know that they are supporting .NET FW 4.0 and 4.5.

I've already checked File / Folder permissions.
    The IUSR got full permissions for the XSLT-Directory (and App_Code, bin, etc...).

Cheers,
    Tulkos 

Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:19
    Tulkos

Ok, i checked this out.

.NET Framework Version is set to 4.0/4.5

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:26
    Rich Green

What happens if you go into the Developer section of Umbraco and try saving an XSLT file?

Rich

Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tulkos

Do you know if the network service has full permissions as well? If possible try to see if the iis_iusrs group has full permission (It should include both network service and iusr users).

Otherwise I think I would try to contact support and figure out if they support Umbraco or not - this could perhaps also be an issue with medium trust versus full trust. In the app setttings in the web.config you should be able to enable medium trust.

But instead of trying all sorts of stuff try checking with the hosting company first I'd say :)

/Jan

Jul 03, 2013 @ 12:56
    Tulkos

Hi guys,

i contacted my provider for a statement if they support umbraco or not. Now i'm waiting for an answer.

@Jan
    I changed toe app setting for medium trust. But i can't see any changes.Errors are still the same.

@Rich
    As i wrote in my first post (maybe my english is not soooo goooood ;-)), i get the following error:

Error occured

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) 
    at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() 
    at System.Net.CredentialCache.get_DefaultCredentials() 
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging) 
    The action that failed was: 
    Demand 
    The type of the first permission that failed was: 
    System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission 
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was: 

MyComputer

Cheers,
    Tulkos 

Jul 03, 2013 @ 13:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tulkos

Ok, keep us posted about the information you get from your hosting company.

/Jan

• Benjamin Green 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 23:04
    Benjamin Green

I'm having the same problem (only with umbTopNavigation.xslt)! This is my first attempt at getting an umbraco site up and running. 

I've been wrestling with problems for this installation for a while now, but I have been slowly getting through them until this one.

I am also going to email 1and1, to see if there is anything that they can do, but is there anyway to coax the XSLT's into working in a medium trust environment?

I should also note that I rememer reading that 1and1 does support umbraco, certainly in all of my communication witht them thus far they haven't given me any indication that they didn't

I'll report back here if there is any news

good luck Tulkos too!

• Benjamin Green 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 23:11
    Benjamin Green

Okay folks after much reading I have found the following things:

1. XLST macro's will not work in a medium trust environment, full stop! It uses a function that requires full trust.
    2. compiling it externally apparently does work but is a shed-load of hassel to do...

so I started looking into the alternative, razor.

I use razor daily for my job so I figured it wouldn't be too tough to figure out. Im now at the point where I've got it working and I'm happy to report that my site is finally live and working fully!

I thought I would share my solution though it doesn't directly fix Tulkos' problem. It is possible however that it might lead to a solution because I imagine the approach is broadly similar

Here's what you do:

1. right click Scripting Files and select create
    2. call the file whatever you like but make sure its .cshtml, the template is Navigation and the "create macro" box is checked.
    3. edit the code within the new file to be something like this:

I have only done minor tweeks to this to make it work neatly with the Feijoa skin

1. Goto settings -> starterkit Master and find the line  and relplace it with 
    2. Replace any other references to the xlst macro and replace with the razor macro.

This had me up and running. 

I got a quick response from 1and1, their servers a capable of running umbraco but not with xlst because their policy it force a medium trust policy with the only exceptions being the more expensive server rental packages.

I hope this helps someone as its taken me a while to get to the bottom of 

Jul 13, 2013 @ 07:54
    Tulkos

Hi guys,

i switched my hosting-package to a linix/php package, which finally allows me to install wordpress, joomla and co by just 3 or 4 clicks. 1and1 told me that they have their own trust level (not medium trust, not full trust. impossible to get a clearer description) and that it's not possible to change something. And they have no xp with umbraco, what sounds like nonesense.. 

But thank you guys for your help!

Cheers,
    Tulkos 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft