Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ThreeSevenths 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 25, 2009 @ 13:48
    ThreeSevenths

Umbraco 4.0.2.1 on Server 2008 SP2 with Remote SQL 2008 Connection Problem

Hello Everyone, I am trying to install Umbraco 4.0.2.1 on a new server running Windows Server 2008 SP2. My problem stems around Step 2 of the install, regardless of what I try, the darn thing will not connect to my database. My SQL Server is named sql01 and it accepts TCP connections. The SQL Server only accepts Windows Authentications. The Web Server is configured to run the Application Pool under the Network Service Account, and Anonymous Authentication is set to impersonate the UmbracoService user, which has permission to connec to the sql server. I am using the following connection string:

datalayer=SQLServer;Server=sql01;Database=UmbracoCMS;Trusted_Connection=True;

Does anyone have any pointers to what I should try to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
    ThreeSevenths

• mph 44 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 11:26
    mph

Hi!

I would suggest creating an umbracocms account, letting the app. pool run under this account, modify permissions on umbraco files/folder accordingly, and add the user as db_owner, reader, writer, public on the DB.

If your IIS server is a workgroup server and your SQL server is a domain member, use local accounts with EXACTLY the same name and password.

Best regards,

Michael

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft